Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi - I'm making a film - can you help?
18 June 2018, 09:56,
RE: Hi - I'm making a film - can you help?
Way to go, MB! Spot on!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
18 June 2018, 10:16,
Hi folks,

Thanks for the responses. Apologies for the delay in mine, I've just come off exercise with the Army Reserve (my own prepper path, if you like) and so I've been off the net for a few days.

Having seen what's out there already I can understand your reluctance and mistrust. I will be making something that cuts out the sensationalism and highlights the issues that can be expected when you completely rely on help and haven't made the simplest preparations to get by when the SHTF (to coin a phrase I've picked up trawling these forums). Its not about bunkers and nut jobs - it's about being able to keep yourself and your family alive when any one of the many scenarios highlighted in the National Risk Register of Civil Emergencies rears it's ugly head.

Prepping, at a basic level at least, is very wise and should be something everyone does. I'm a one man team - I film and edit my own stuff. I'm happy to draw up an agreement that prevents me from publishing your contributions without you signing off the final edit - though ultimately even this relies on trust I suppose. Finally - there is no money because it's BBC News. This isn't a commercial enterprise and whether you contribute or not, whether this film gets made or not, I'll be paid on the 15th of the month. So I'm not getting anything out of this but the satisfaction of cutting through the chaff and working on a subject that interests me.

If there is anyone on here that is remotely interested in at least having a sensible conversation about it, please do drop me a note (adam.paylor@bbc.co.uk).

Thanks again, and all the best.

Ad
23 July 2018, 14:12,
*Just nudging this topic up*

Still looking for people who are making the effort to be more prepared should life serve up a curve ball - this is for a short film for BBC News, details at the start of this thread.

You can chat to me on 0118 948 6145 or email adam.paylor@bbc.co.uk.
23 July 2018, 14:12,
*Just nudging this topic up*

Still looking for people who are making the effort to be more prepared should life serve up a curve ball - this is for a short film for BBC News, details at the start of this thread.

You can chat to me on 0118 948 6145 or email adam.paylor@bbc.co.uk.
23 July 2018, 15:25,
Not having any luck anywhere are you?

That comes from the media routinely breaching the trust of, insulting, degrading, and endangering the preppers they interview for the past 20 years.

I would not interview for you at any time for any cost!

You have paid not one iota of attention to anything any one here has said or to any of the comments made in response to your now very intrusive efforts.

This indicates to me that your ideas and wishes take precedence over any "facts" that you will encounter and that they will be presented as you wish for them to be viewed, just like all the previous narcissistic media types that have ever smeared the reputation and questioned the sanity of anyone that plants a garden, cans a bottle of veggies, or has an extra blanket in the closet.

Go away!
23 July 2018, 16:23,
Video  RE: Hi - I'm making a film - can you help?
(23 July 2018, 15:25)Mortblanc Wrote: Not having any luck anywhere are you?

That comes from the media routinely breaching the trust of, insulting, degrading, and endangering the preppers they interview for the past 20 years.

I would not interview for you at any time for any cost!

You have paid not one iota of attention to anything any one here has said or to any of the comments made in response to your now very intrusive efforts.

This indicates to me that your ideas and wishes take precedence over any "facts" that you will encounter and that they will be presented as you wish for them to be viewed, just like all the previous narcissistic media types that have ever smeared the reputation and questioned the sanity of anyone that plants a garden, cans a bottle of veggies, or has an extra blanket in the closet.

Go away!

You’re entitled to your views, but there’s really no need to be rude. Ironically it seems you don’t need any help with reputational damage.

Very keen to speak to anyone who’d like an adult conversation about this.
23 July 2018, 17:55,
What i do not understand Adam is why you persist with this thread?
23 July 2018, 17:56,
Even worse why am i bothering to ask ?
23 July 2018, 18:07,
Adam, this is kindly meant, but you do not seem to understand what prepping is about or why no-one will talk to you. No-one will tell you details of their preparations - the idea is that they are under cover; secret. or whatever you want to call them. This is to protect oneself and more particularly one's family in times of trouble. Why would someone blow their cover - particularly to the BBC?
I suggest you advertise in one of the national papers. You might get some very entertaining responses.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
23 July 2018, 22:20,
We already pay your wages mate, for biased reporting, attacking of legitimate political views, not to mention covering up for pedophiles. Adult conversation? Really? We tried talking to you as an adult but as usual your type never listens. I'm not a prepper by the way, I just bulk buy to realise savings and hedge against inflation.