Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bushcraft Hunting Knives
3 July 2018, 09:49,
Bushcraft Hunting Knives
What is your favourite bushcraft hunting Knife?
Send me image of the same.
3 July 2018, 18:27,
RE: Bushcraft Hunting Knives
(3 July 2018, 09:49)perkinsteel22 Wrote: What is your favourite bushcraft hunting Knife?
Send me image of the same.

Plain vanilla Mora $15

https://www.adventuresurvivalequipment.c...knife.html

The Mora Companion Knife MG is a Basic Military Knife in military green. Like all Mora Knives, it is high quality, light and inexpensive.

The Morakniv™ Companion MG (Military Green) is a very adaptable and sharp knife with a patterned high-friction grip handle. The Morakniv Companion Knife is widely used where durability is paramount such as the outdoors, survival, construction or industry. The Blade of the Morakniv Mora Companion Knife MG is made of cold-rolled special Swedish stainless steel from Sandvik.

The Mora Stainless Steel Companion Knife MG has a 3 7/8" blade of polished stainless steel and a solid plastic handle with a checkered black rubber coating as a finger grip. It is supplied with a quality green plastic sheath with a belt hook that can be quickly snapped onto a belt. This Mora Companion Knife comes in Military Green.

* 103 mm blade, 4.1"
* Blade Thickness, 2,5mm
* 218 mm overall, 8.6"
* Net Weight, 0,1160kg
* Stainless Steel Blade
* Manufacturer - Mora of Sweden
* Made in Sweden

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
3 July 2018, 21:05,
As usual ....a thorough explanation Charles .
3 July 2018, 22:22,
I have two favourites . A Fallkniven H1 for general use and a Tora service for heavy duty cutting . The H1 gets much more Woods time but the Kukri I find is a fantastic heavy cutting tool . No links but feel free to research them . I bought the Tora for £29 around 6 years ago which is fantastic value for a traditional Nepalese kukri . Prices have gone too high for me to justify buying another . The Fallkniven is my highest cost camp knife . It does nothing that a Mora can’t do but I do
Appreciate it’s bullet proof construction .
4 July 2018, 06:54,
I do not care much for the kukri style.

They usually will not fit into the peanut butter jar.

Fit is also one reason I have to carry a Mora as well as an SAK. The SAK will not reach the bottom of the jar!
4 July 2018, 07:04,
The camp knife used by CH as his avatar is also a good choice for general purpose work. We had a long thread about those and a dozen or so more just a month or so back.

http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.p...camp+knife
6 July 2018, 11:52,
(4 July 2018, 06:54)Mortblanc Wrote: I do not care much for the kukri style.

They usually will not fit into the peanut butter jar.

Fit is also one reason I have to carry a Mora as well as an SAK. The SAK will not reach the bottom of the jar!

I am satisfy with you but there are a lot of work where kukri style knives can work perfectly than other type of knives.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

29 May 2021, 22:09,
I carry several and so does my son.

We both have a lightweight, half tang, fixed blade (about an inch) ankle knife - Remington. Great for if tangled in a thorn - bloody thorns can really bite lol. Also good for slicing cooked meat. Can shave with both as they are razor sharp and great for throwing - proving your aim is worth a damn.

Son has various multi tools with folding blades of varying usefulness. As does mum. Son also has a fully-locking plastic sheathed diving knife - gut hook, straight edge, and serrated edge. Not cheap due to to the full lock hard plastic sheath but good for a young one where preventing injury is best practice.
My side knife for pheasant, wood pigeon and rabbit is my my four inch, full tang Buck (USA brand- very good), nice grip and a fire strike section and a small serrated part on top - saves dulling main blade for everyday use.

We carry a wide-range of various wood working tools, as these would be hard to make in a grid down (not impossible as mum is an engineer and can build anything when pressed to the wire) but having them can mean making many other tools easily, if you get my gist. Tools are useless without hands that hold the knowledge of HOW to USE them or make them.

Mum packs two Ka-Bar Beckers, plus one unspecified bladed surprise. One Becker is good for wood processing and root digging. The other is for dealing with pests - mozzies are awful.
30 May 2021, 09:29,
Mora make nice bushcraft knives but the plastic sheaths are a bit naff, I have leather sheaths for mine.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.