Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just one more week!
9 July 2018, 19:15,
Wink  Just one more week!
Yup! Just seven days and we'll be watching in our rear-view mirror as the "People's Commonwealth of Virginia" recedes from view and we head home to Texas. We're not looking forward to the stress of an interstate move, but we'll sure be happy when it's over and we're out of here for good. Big Grin
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
9 July 2018, 20:42,
RE: Just one more week!
Good luck with the move, Jonas. It's always a great feeling when you are where you want to be.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
9 July 2018, 20:52,
Good luck. One of the more stressful times but should be worth it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 July 2018, 16:16,
Good luck JP&BHG stressful but worth it.... drive safe my friend.
10 July 2018, 17:04,
Good luck Jonas!

I do not see how you held out in VA for as long as you have. That place and the entire beltway area would drive me crazy.

My next move will probably be from the shack here to the Veterans Memorial Cemetery.

However, if I ever did move again it would be to Texas, or Arizona.

I am about tired of these 8 month long -30 degree winters.
11 July 2018, 03:46,
Good luck Jonas!

I left Virginia, never to return, when they elected the Leftist Tim Kaine as governor.

I worked in Fairfax County for 24 years, but my last year working I commuted from West Virginia and realized that the heartland of America begins at the Potomac Highlands of the Allegheny Front.

I am quite happy here, in a state which recognizes Constitutional Carry and I can have a pistol range on my own property, and have a 300-meter rifle range at a neighbor's within a few miles and a military-standard 1000-yard rifle deck approved for up to cal. .50 BMG within earshot of my "beer garden".

I don't have to worry about Seventh Day Adventist or Mormon missionaries trying to save my soul, because when working in the yard I ordinarily carry a holstered revolver, the first shot in the cylinder being snake shot, because we have rattlers and copperheads.

The neighborhood bear is a good natured chap, and I shoo him safely away from my yard and instead direct him to my neighbors who leave dog food out for their pit bulls, so that he may torment them, but I caution him to avoid the lady with the Jack Russell terrier because the little varmint is shamelessly fearless and I'm sure that he fantasizes about a lunch of warm black bear testicles!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA