Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Folding knives
26 July 2018, 18:31,
RE: Folding knives
The only time I've ever had an issue with a pocket knife is at my local airport .we do a lot of work there and when we first started I was informed by security that my ukpk wasn't legal to carry while working in the airport. However my Stanley quick slide ( a locking box cutter) is deemed perfectly fine and that's what I use while working there . The ukpk stays in the vehicle while I'm onsite.A locking box cutter is ok but a sub 3 inch slip joint is classed as a weapon . Absolutely ludicrous but there you go.
Other than that I've never been stopped and searched in everyday life and never expect to . I use my uk legal knives daily , in public and don't worry about it. I don't go waving it around and don't fit the profile that would get me stopped and searched. A little common sense goes a long way in these times .
3 September 2018, 12:44,
It has the benefit to carry in pocket, and you can use it for many purpose. i would suggest to have a folding knife on you at all times, plus do check your states/countries law.
3 September 2018, 22:52,
Smile  RE: Folding knives
The reason I own so many victorinox penknives is that they are not allowed on your person or in your hand luggage on flights..first time I was challenged I was given the option off surrendering it for disposal , i refused went back down to wh Smith's bought a jiffy bag and a stamp and posted it home , since that time I always buy one on arrival at my destination on the first opportunity , i post them home from the foreign airport just before boarding , at last count I have fifteen various Swiss army knives
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
5 September 2018, 13:42,
One and most important benefit with pocket knife is, as the name says it is easy to carry even to hide on pocket and does around every work.
29 September 2018, 10:48,
(26 July 2018, 17:05)Mortblanc Wrote: I like that deal of refusing to store but offering to "dispose of" the blade. I am sure that "dispose of" means go from your pocket to their pocket!

We often have the same situation over here. Fortunately I have always been close enough to my vehicle to return and secure the items without needing to abandon them. For a decade I did turn to carrying a small SAK rather than my favored pocket knife so if I had to abandon it there would not be any great expense or concern over the blade.

I went through two of the little Classic key chain knives in that decade. Since one is like any other I barely noticed the switch.

In the past few years I returned to carrying a good quality pocket knife since I never go through any security checkpoints anyway. I have not been in the airport for almost 10 years and have avoided the court house almost as long.

But now we are allowed to check a knife in your luggage. But I don't understand that can we carry a knife in our pocket during journey through airplanes?
29 September 2018, 16:19,
Very few people travel with "checked luggage" these days with the extra charges per bag pushing prices way up there. Some airlines even charge extra for "carry on" now. Most of my friends that travel internationally do not carry baggage, they can buy most of what they need when they arrive in whatever 3rd world destination they are visiting.

The last time I traveled by plane I knew the rules and had no questionable devices on my person or luggage.

A half hour after the plane landed at my destination I was in a sporting good store purchasing a new knife to carry during my visit. I bought something that was not expensive but "good enough" and left it with my host when I departed.
5 October 2018, 12:51,
I carry a folding knife and I have never been stopped and searched and that includes the 40 years I lived in a city, if you don't go waving it about why should anyone care?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 October 2018, 15:10,
I have carried a swiss army “camping” knife for many years, it must be used a couple of times a day, it’s invaluable. The knife is used as it is meant to be used, as a convenient every day light duty tool, as such it will see me out.

I don’t use it for heavy cutting, it’s not for cutting down trees and shelter there are better tools for that, which is why there is a pruning saw and hand axe amongst each vehicles tool kit.
29 May 2021, 21:28,
I have one folding knife. It is small and easy to use and legal to carry where I live TODAY - 29/05/2021.
You could peel a wild apple with it. You could also larp and start a fire with it, if you don't have a proper lighter.
What about SHTF and WROL? A fold knife is a fire lighter and nothing more. FFS.

Without rule of law - mad max - zombie whatever - would there be police to save you or arrest you? Seriously? Don't leave home without a Ka-Bar. Also learn how to 'fight' hand to hand without one so you don't cut the top of your thumb off when you have to save your own life while USING one. Train daily.
A once inch fixed blade knife is a useful sock/ankle knife, especially if you know how to throw worth a damn.

Would you like a written explanation on knife throwing technique?
30 May 2021, 09:31,
unless one lives in a big city when WROL then the most you'll need a knife for is bushcraft or butchering duties.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.