Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food shortages ?
15 February 2021, 10:31,
RE: Food shortages ?
I didnt go near a supermarket for the first 3 months, it didnt make much of a dent in my supplies, once we were let out after the last lockdown I go to the supermarket once a month, early, mid week, mainly its just tinned stuff, rotate, rotate,rotate.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 February 2021, 13:04,
We click and collect ......we are sad bastards !
15 February 2021, 13:45,
we cant get on a supermarket delivery system, although we do have our meat delivered directly from the farm.
I like going supermarket shopping, I dont like relying on shop staff to pick my food.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 February 2021, 14:35,
Thing is BP you rely on them to stack the shelves and take your money at the checkouts.......where do we stop with all this shit......I may resort to completely wrapping myself in cling film to walk around the garden .....my one brother sanitises everything that is delivered even the food ! And I do mean all of it .
15 February 2021, 14:43,
no, I wear a face covering and I use hand sanitizer, I've used it 3 times from the supermarket door to the time I pick up the first item.
the staff all wear face masks and I dont go anywhere near them and there is a screen at the till.
where I live and shop we have the lowest infection rates of the whole county, in fact the whole country, and 15 million people have now been vaccinated and rates of infection are coming down.
this thing may be coming to an end soon.until the next pandemic comes along that is.
16 February 2021, 00:55,
The thing with covid is avoiding Pinch Points
The Supermarket checkout.
The Petrol station attendant.
The Ticket guy at the station.
The Police.
In fact any person that meets a few hundred people everyday.
Hence why avoiding the supermarket is a good way to avoid covid at the moment, just do the decom on the food once it arrives and if you can leave anything for three days then that's a plus.
16 February 2021, 09:48,
thats okay if you can get on the supermarket delivery system, like I said before we have been unable to.
the thing with supermarkets is not so much the people, I go early when not many people about and the only assistant I see is on the till and there is a screen between us, the main problem is the recycled air, but not lingering and getting out quickly is the key.
this area has the 2nd lowest infection rates of the whole county so no need to be paranoid about it.