Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brexit no deal
14 December 2020, 15:31,
RE: Brexit no deal
I dont remember any talk of a deal when we were asked if we wanted Leave or Remain, in fact we were told if we voted Leave there would be NO single market, NO European court of justice and NO free movement, all any Leave voter I have talked to ever wanted is a Clean Break from the EU.
where all this deal BS came from I dont know, probably something to do with "Treason" May I expect.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 December 2020, 17:01,
It's not just treason May. All our betters want to remain in the EU. More jobs for them, higher pay, less work and less responsibility.

It ain't over yet. I have high expectations that Doris will grab defeat from the jaws of victory in the next few days. If he doesn't though he will be recognised as they guy that got us out of the EU. If he makes a deal, just another traitor. Either way we need to get rid of the clown in January.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 December 2020, 09:42,
and replace him with who???
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 December 2020, 16:06,
That is irrelevant. If we were waiting for someone to save us then we would wait for a very long time. Let's just keep kicking them out and eventually we will get someone half decent.

The people that go in for these roles are the last people you actually want to be in charge. IMO We should just pick people at random for a 6 month stint.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 December 2020, 18:36,
(15 December 2020, 09:42)bigpaul Wrote: and replace him with who???

Well I’m sure I could make a better job of it, and I’ve plenty of spare time at the moment.
16 December 2020, 10:49,
(15 December 2020, 16:06)Skean Dhude Wrote: That is irrelevant. If we were waiting for someone to save us then we would wait for a very long time. Let's just keep kicking them out and eventually we will get someone half decent.

The people that go in for these roles are the last people you actually want to be in charge. IMO We should just pick people at random for a 6 month stint.

in 6 months nothing would get done and you'd be forever changing the government, wont work.
I think we should only elect people who have had a job outside politics before they become an MP, at least then these people would have an idea about real life, most of the current crop go straight into politics from university.
16 December 2020, 11:28,
Exactly the point. They would only be able to set up something that the next few in would have to agree with. Instead of a single viewpoint being forced on us all.
Skean Dhude
16 December 2020, 14:04,
you'd end up with a govt that is nothing more than a county council, 6 months is too short, nothing would get done, something like a new road or a nuclear power station or a new runway sometimes takes years before it is all planned long before the first spade of earth is turned, by your method the next lot in could cancel the next ones could approve it again, the next cancel it, no serious work would be done and we'd be the laughing stock of the world.
16 December 2020, 22:31,
It wouldn't work like that. Only the critical things would get done. You mention nuclear power. We have been looking at nucs for decades and some of our governments have been around for years during that time.

We are a laughing stock already. A soft touch and Brexit has shown how out of touch our politicians are.
Skean Dhude
20 December 2020, 09:51,
Brexit is the one good thing our govt has managed to do, its the stupid EU politicians that cant negotiate only demand, they've had over 4 years to sort out any trade deal and here we are down to the last 24 hours and still they demand, thats why we voted to leave most people have had enough of their undemocratic club.