Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brexit no deal
20 December 2020, 19:39,
RE: Brexit no deal
I will not heap praise on Dorris yet BP ! It’s not over till the fat lady sings , besides there’s always time for a sell out ! just because his lips are moving and tough talking with all the bluster he can muster .......means sweat FA ..it’s deeds that count ! ......good ones .
20 December 2020, 22:24,
Ahh yes, Brexit again. Tonight is the deadline?

no trouble expected I suppose.

Of course you have a nationwide no travel order in place, national curview in pace, all businesses possible closed, no assemblies allowed for any reason, stop and question allowed for anyone outside their homes.

Tell me again how that is not martial law?

And they don't even need troops to enforce it, just nurses!
21 December 2020, 14:12,
(20 December 2020, 19:39)Straight Shooter Wrote: I will not heap praise on Dorris yet BP ! It’s not over till the fat lady sings , besides there’s always time for a sell out ! just because his lips are moving and tough talking with all the bluster he can muster .......means sweat FA ..it’s deeds that count ! ......good ones .
yes your quite right SS, but the 2 parties are so far apart and there are still 3 sticking points that neither will give way on, even the EU are now declaring NO DEAL.
there isnt enough time, even if a deal was agree at the eleventh hour to get it through the EU parliament before the end of the year.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 December 2020, 14:13,
(20 December 2020, 22:24)Mortblanc Wrote: Ahh yes, Brexit again. Tonight is the deadline?

Of course you have a nationwide no travel order in place, national curview in pace, all businesses possible closed, no assemblies allowed for any reason, stop and question allowed for anyone outside their homes.

your mixing Brexit up with the pandemic.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 December 2020, 16:47,
Best thing for the UK is.....just leave today ! No more buggering about ! Just look at the way they work and the threats they constantly announce ,who in their right mind would want any association with such cheeky kids ? We have had a belly full of Brussels and it will soon come to pass everyone else in that club will be wanting OUT of it , and that is what they fear most! ........lets face it ......It’s Over ! .......let’s blame it on Corvid ....the panacea for all things bad.
21 December 2020, 18:28,
(21 December 2020, 14:13)bigpaul Wrote:
(20 December 2020, 22:24)Mortblanc Wrote: Ahh yes, Brexit again. Tonight is the deadline?

No, I'm not.

I am saying that the pandemic shutdown has been very convenient for the management of your population during politically trying times.

There is no such thing as coincidence when it happens twice.
21 December 2020, 18:47,
Yep, the first thing I see in the news today is France blocking shipping to GB!

Empty shelves in the food stores, no to worry says the government.

It is because of the new Covid strain, not EU retaliation the first business day after deadline, they say.
21 December 2020, 19:01,
Well I've been prepping for a very long time so I'm going to be fine with a shortage for a while.

We already have traitors calling for us to surrender to the EU so they can stop their Foie gras deliveries from being uninterrupted.

Personally I think it is good, make people think and they can find alternatives so that we won't go back to these people in the future. This blocking cuts both ways.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 December 2020, 19:08,
Well, the first thing I did on reading about the latest "calamity" was to go and do a brief recce round my store cupboard. Can't say a shortage is going to bother us much for a while, and we have a lot of stuff growing in the garden. So....... I guess we will just hunker down and watch what happens. Apart from the lurking microbe and various irritating crap in the news, nothing much is going to change.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
22 December 2020, 12:19,
(21 December 2020, 18:28)Mortblanc Wrote:
(21 December 2020, 14:13)bigpaul Wrote:

No, I'm not.

I am saying that the pandemic shutdown has been very convenient for the management of your population during politically trying times.

There is no such thing as coincidence when it happens twice.
Rubbish.
I've always said that when a pandemic occurs I will go into quarantine, thats long before the govt invented the word lockdown.
its idiots that are not obeying the rules that are spreading the virus.