Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bandana
1 November 2021, 01:47,
The Bandana
We call them bandanas. Some might call them a kerchief, others a scarf.

I find them to be one of the great general purpose gadgets of all time, especially when working or navigating the outdoors.

Head scarf, tourniquet, water filter, bandage, work surface cover, container, temperature control device,,,,The list goes on and on.

At one time I even made my own to my specs. I cut the fabric to 30" square rather than the regular 22"-24" size and used cotton muslin instead of the thin stuff.

I was reminded of their usefulness while binge watching a You tube channel that concentrates on survival kits. The channel host tests and builds survival kits to elaborate detail, including everything but the kitchen sink, but always ignoring my own favorite multi task device.

Some of the kits he tests are ready built kits costing several hundred dollars or pounds, and containing devices and gear items of great expense, when half the kit could be replaced by a simple bandana, a coffee tin, and a Boy Scout Knife.
1 November 2021, 09:27,
RE: The Bandana
I use my bandana as a handkerchief. wear it as a scarf when on my motorcycle.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 November 2021, 11:23,
I prefer a Shemagh or Army "Scrim"
1 November 2021, 11:34,
scrim gets caught in zips and things, I use a British army "sweat rag" as a scarf.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 November 2021, 19:58,
(1 November 2021, 11:34)bigpaul Wrote: scrim gets caught in zips and things, I use a British army "sweat rag" as a scarf.
I use the Scrim as head cover BP but I know where you coming from.
3 November 2021, 13:00,
I bought a large camo square of material, I use that in the winter, the sweat rag is for less cold weather.
I have a Shemagh but havent got the knack f wearing it yet.o
3 November 2021, 13:13,
I have a few from my biking days .....in my bug out bags .