Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to move UPHILL
26 January 2012, 11:11,
RE: Time to move UPHILL
move to the south west you lot! we'll all teach you about heavy rainfallTongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 January 2012, 11:12,
(26 January 2012, 11:11)bigpaul Wrote: move to the south west you lot! we'll all teach you about heavy rainfallTongue

That's the plan eventually. Need to find a job down there though first!
26 January 2012, 11:15,
(26 January 2012, 11:11)bigpaul Wrote: move to the south west you lot! we'll all teach you about heavy rainfallTongue

Bugger that, the population is falling up here, housing is half the price it is down south, food is cheaper with a higher percentage grown locally and once you get away from the tyne , wear and tees cities its empty. Just seen new houses only 5 miles from Durham city center advertised on some scheme for £79K

26 January 2012, 11:16,
(26 January 2012, 11:03)NorthernRaider Wrote: I think most of us now accept that much of the climate change thing is just so much BS, it was nuclear winters when i was a kid, then a second ice age, then global warming, holes in the ozone layers etc.

I think human fear is like fashion. It has to change. You get so used to something, that you become complacent about it. It's like those that expect the world to end on a certain date. They find out it doesn't happen, then they get another date, and nothing happens, then another date, nothing happens, then another date, and they've stopped caring by then.

It's the interest and self preservation that causes many people to be scared. People initially get freaked out about something. Then they get bored of that and they need a new adrenalin rush of fear.
26 January 2012, 11:30,
(26 January 2012, 11:15)NorthernRaider Wrote: Bugger that, the population is falling up here, housing is half the price it is down south, food is cheaper with a higher percentage grown locally and once you get away from the tyne , wear and tees cities its empty. Just seen new houses only 5 miles from Durham city center advertised on some scheme for £79K

saw a nice semi detached very rural cottage with land in the paper, about 10 miles from here for £69,950, still trying to get the details, its not on the website yet.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 January 2012, 11:32,
Prices are starting to drop in the west country. Started looking again for a house with some land for a small holding.
26 January 2012, 11:54,
BP, UKS that has really brightened up my day, I love to hear about prepping getting proactive when it comes to finding a better place to live. Cheers
NR

26 January 2012, 13:22,
that property i mentioned NR? have just heard back from the estate agents, was SOLD sight unseen, probably bought by someone up country with too much money to burn, i've seen this happen so many times, the locals dont get a look in! Devon is a very expensive county especially if your looking for rural property with land, prices are 2nd expensive to London but with very low wages, Cornwall is cheaper-just a little bit, but there you are also bidding against 2nd home buyers. houses are cheaper in Plymouth and Barnstaple where there is plenty of property available but if your looking for rural property with land the prices are more in the region of £250K-£350K, i did see an ex-council house("Cornish unit") semi in a small village about 15 miles from here for 95K but that was snapped up within about a week.
26 January 2012, 14:28,
(26 January 2012, 13:22)bigpaul Wrote: that property i mentioned NR? have just heard back from the estate agents, was SOLD sight unseen, probably bought by someone up country with too much money to burn, i've seen this happen so many times, the locals dont get a look in! Devon is a very expensive county especially if your looking for rural property with land, prices are 2nd expensive to London but with very low wages, Cornwall is cheaper-just a little bit, but there you are also bidding against 2nd home buyers. houses are cheaper in Plymouth and Barnstaple where there is plenty of property available but if your looking for rural property with land the prices are more in the region of £250K-£350K, i did see an ex-council house("Cornish unit") semi in a small village about 15 miles from here for 95K but that was snapped up within about a week.

complete and utter self sustaining insanity.

26 January 2012, 15:07,
(26 January 2012, 14:28)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(26 January 2012, 13:22)bigpaul Wrote: that property i mentioned NR? have just heard back from the estate agents, was SOLD sight unseen, probably bought by someone up country with too much money to burn, i've seen this happen so many times, the locals dont get a look in! Devon is a very expensive county especially if your looking for rural property with land, prices are 2nd expensive to London but with very low wages, Cornwall is cheaper-just a little bit, but there you are also bidding against 2nd home buyers. houses are cheaper in Plymouth and Barnstaple where there is plenty of property available but if your looking for rural property with land the prices are more in the region of £250K-£350K, i did see an ex-council house("Cornish unit") semi in a small village about 15 miles from here for 95K but that was snapped up within about a week.

complete and utter self sustaining insanity.
yep, but that is what happens, incomers with too much money/white flight from the home counties!!