Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRE Menu 16: Chicken Burrito Bowl
24 September 2018, 15:16, (This post was last modified: 24 September 2018, 15:20 by Midnitemo.)
RE: MRE Menu 16: Chicken Burrito Bowl
British equivalent to an shit is the Hexy stove , pick em for about 4 quid , hexamine fuel tablets refill pack about 2 quid , they work all be it much slower than gas hence they aren't used much now with things like the Jetboil out there , brewing up in 2 min's instead of 10 , still a place for it in my kit though.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
24 September 2018, 15:18,
One day i will throw this tablet on the floor and stamp it into a thousand tiny pieces if it keeps messing with what I write.....esbit not what the tablet said
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
24 September 2018, 15:25,
In the distant past i used a tuna tin, a strip of corrugated cardboard 1” wide curled round and round with some molten candle wax, but as you say an esbit is cleaner and safer to use.

We find C4 a little hard to get in the UK, none of the supermarkets sell it, we have to make our own plastic explosive from potassium chlorite and vaseline, but please don’t tell anyone.
25 September 2018, 15:24,
Yes,everyone should have a couple of kilos of stump remover in the shed!
25 September 2018, 19:19,
(25 September 2018, 15:24)Mortblanc Wrote: Yes,everyone should have a couple of kilos of stump remover in the shed!

I should have said potassium chlorate not chlorite.

Unfortunately in the UK the stump killer sold here is just very strong weed killer.

In his self sufficiency book John Seymour shows how to remove a stump with dynamite.

If we could get dynamite we would not need potassium chlorate and vaseline.

It’s a funny old world.
25 September 2018, 22:25,
Potassium permanganate and glycerin does a good job on a stump, too!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
26 September 2018, 15:41,
Ummmmm my MRE's are out of date MB but i will barter them to some unsuspecting zombie for a 357 magnum with 50 rounds yep i am so slick!
26 September 2018, 16:54,
This is one of the areas of rationale in prepper thought that is difficult to fathom. I will trade food for weapons or weapons for food.

If the zombie has a .357 with 50 rounds why would he need to trade for your MREs.

He probably already owns half of England and in about 30 seconds he will own your MRE.

You might try dropping a beans and franks entree on his head from the castle wall. If he survives and decides to eat the meal you can run him through with a spear while he is indisposed that afternoon.

Which reminds me of a bit I read in a book called Comanche Moon many years back.
26 September 2018, 17:25,
Well there go's another joke lost in translation....but i do have a spear though !