Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Wonder washing machine
26 January 2012, 10:27,
Wonder washing machine
Just got a new item today for caravanning you understand and not incase we lose power at some stage
http://camping.about.com/od/campinggearr...erwash.htm
26 January 2012, 11:02,
RE: Wonder washing machine
Now there is a modern version of the washboard. It still requires chemicals I would imagine but they can be replaced after an event. I like it and one is on my list.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 January 2012, 11:06,
UK supplier Outdoormegastore

Anyone know where they are cheaper?
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 January 2012, 11:08,
Thats were i got mine
26 January 2012, 11:12, (This post was last modified: 26 January 2012, 11:12 by NorthernRaider.)
When we used the self build camper van we used to wash our cloths in a hand operated plastic drum cement mixer we got for about 315 from B & q, basically its just one of thise 30 litre blue plastic drums we have been discussing on another thread but its fitted with a pair of wooden or plastic agitator blades similar to a big cement mixer. all you do is add the aggregates ( or clothes) putting in the water and soap, put lid on and roll it around on the floor for 5 minutes !!
(26 January 2012, 11:12)NorthernRaider Wrote: When we used the self build camper van we used to wash our cloths in a hand operated plastic drum cement mixer we got for about 315 from B & q, basically its just one of thise 30 litre blue plastic drums we have been discussing on another thread but its fitted with a pair of wooden or plastic agitator blades similar to a big cement mixer. all you do is add the aggregates ( or clothes) putting in the water and soap, put lid on and roll it around on the floor for 5 minutes !!

That should read £15 not 315

26 January 2012, 18:36,
when i lived alone, i washed all my clothes by hand in the sink! WTSHTF just substitute the river for the sink,no need for washing machines, concrete mixers or a sink.(i just KNOW i'll get a lot of BS back for this oneTongue)
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 January 2012, 18:39,
When the TSHTF I wont be washing any clothes, It's all part of my Grey man alter ego!

If I had to though I'd go along with Big Pauls idea and use the nearest river and rock!
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

26 January 2012, 18:43,
(26 January 2012, 18:39)Reality Jones Wrote: If I had to though I'd go along with Big Pauls idea and use the nearest river and rock!

yeeaaahhh!!Big GrinTongueTongueTongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 January 2012, 19:27,
How soon our civilised veneer slips.

OK. I'm in. I'll start not washing now.
Skean Dhude