Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funding Your Prepping
26 September 2018, 10:15,
Funding Your Prepping
For a long time I've been funding my preps using what I've had spare each month.

I've been looking for other forms of funding, bank robbery, kidnapping, rich millionaire, etc. for some time with no luck and am now looking at a tool called BitCoin Revolution. It looks too good to be true but the investment is minimal and so the risk is minimised to a maximum of that amount.

I was wondering if anyone here has a Bitcoin wallet and has an account that can convert £ to BTC. I'm still trying to keep my head down and don't want to leave an audit trail. If you have and are willing to help then PM me.

I'll keep you all informed as it goes.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 September 2018, 15:30,
RE: Funding Your Prepping
I also have been looking at BC for ages.....but anything i can't hold in my hand , i am very suspicious about.....thing is ....do we honestly believe we will be allowed to use this platform without any interference from THE BANKS.
I very much doubt it.....they (the banks) will wait and see , the more popular it becomes ...the more they loose control.....until they gain Complete Control of All of it.....but good luck with it SD and yes it does indeed look to good to be true....and they turn out to be just that.....if you are looking to save some money.....pay for you and oh's funerals in full ...we just have......happy days !
26 September 2018, 17:12,
Are you kidding?

Those things are so volatile that in the past year they have dipped and soared on an hourly basis.

Just last week they crashed once more to a value of less than one cent U.S. per unit.

They are exactly the medium type that preppers usually tell others not to trust for an instant.

Bitcoins are an unbacked, unfunded, ungaurenteed, uninsured and uncontrolled imaginary currency. They are of no more value than Monopoly Money.

One will not trust a bank but they will trust the insane ramblings of a vapor on the internet???

Better to run over to Holland and invest in tulip bulbs.

And if you have bitcoin shares then someone has a record of it because all they are is the record of imaginary values. The record is all you have to prove their digital existence. And if there is a record then your government can get too it if you are audited. The governments are very much aware of the existence of bitcoin accounts.

If they can get to your Swiss bank account they can get to your bitcoin records.
26 September 2018, 17:49,
Bitcoins are an unbacked, unfunded, ungaurenteed, uninsured and uncontrolled imaginary currency. They are of no more value than Monopoly Money.

Yep that's why tricky dickey took the US dollar away from the gold standard and introduced the Petrodollar......which is now in intensive care ...paddles will not revive it .....giving it a bit of titty (printing more debt will also fail) quantitative easing ......they are coming for your pension MB ....and mine to no doubts.......more fucking beans.
26 September 2018, 18:11,
MB,

I'm not keeping my cash in BTC simply trading on them. Just like they do with stocks and shares, cash, oil and orange juice.

Plus I'm only putting some seed money in, about $350, more than I'd like but the minimum they will accept. I've wasted more on the kids while they were on holiday.

Like ou I would be unhappy with my life savings in there but I do believe it is secure if it is used correctly.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 September 2018, 20:30,
Funding your preps, we all have our own ideas. It’s easy to save a few pounds each week for some wanted item or buy extra while doing the weekly shop, but what about big purchases or big projects like solar power.

We all need to save large amounts at some time. There’s no easy, safe and legal way too make a lot of money quickly and it doesn’t grow on trees.

But what money we do have we need to keep safe and accessible, if you use a bank you need a reserve at home in case cash machines go down, two hundred minimum, remember what happened in Greece.

For your other long term savings why not consider some gold ? a few sovereigns maybe ? their value does fluctuate but they won’t suddenly drop, they are easy to hide and if no one knows you’ve got them they can’t take them off you.

Buy from different places, use cash and you can always give a false name and address if you’re asked, a jeweller will always take your money, but check prices on line first, if you need to sell some anytime you will loose a little maybe but a good time to buy is December, people sell gold to pay for Christmas so the buying price goes down a little.
6 November 2018, 14:53,
What happened in Greece didn't happen overnight though. I don't think you have to fear that scenario if you're following what's going on. There were plenty of warning signs in Greece. I could be wrong though.
This testogen results post is amazing!
6 November 2018, 15:32,
Greece was most about the Germans trying to force holiday package prices down than any other factor.