Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Flu Theat this winter
9 October 2018, 22:29,
RE: UK Flu Theat this winter
Surprisingly i have not yet seen a reference to any flu vaccination scheme this autumn. Not in our doctors surgery or in any of the local pharmacies.

Could it be that after last years fiasco, with the vaccine not being effective for many strains of flu, TPTB are cutting back on publicity to reduce demand.
10 October 2018, 09:12,
I've already had a dose of flu this month. It wasn't pleasant, and I'm pretty fit! Hopefully that means I will have some form of effective protection from any further outbreaks. I don't think I will hold my breath.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
10 October 2018, 14:13,
stay away from crowded places.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 October 2018, 17:04,
I had my flu vaccine back at the first of September.

I asked the Doc how effective this year's batch was.

He said 25-27%, but that was what it has always been. We never have just one strain and they can not cover the entire spectrum. They hit the worst strains and hope folks can fight off the weaker bugs.

My next door neighbor just spent 10 days in hospital with this year's strain and it nearly killed him. He lost 10 kilo and did not have 10 to spare. He was in the garden a couple of days ago and looks like death on a biscuit. I do not expect him to last the winter.

Staying away from crowds is always good advice, until you realize those people never go anywhere, do anything or know anyone, have no family and no friends and if they do catch the flu and die in their beds from dehydration because there is no one to bring them a sip of water it is a month or so before their maggot ridden body is found and the cat has lived on their remains for that time.
10 October 2018, 17:31,
One of the main reasons i made a load of elderberry syrup (we take a desert spoon every morning) when tshtf .......what would we do then ? better for us all to learn now , old remedies and a good herb book and recipes ,i have a few books.
10 October 2018, 18:07,
(10 October 2018, 17:04)Mortblanc Wrote: I had my flu vaccine back at the first of September.

I asked the Doc how effective this year's batch was.

He said 25-27%, but that was what it has always been. We never have just one strain and they can not cover the entire spectrum. They hit the worst strains and hope folks can fight off the weaker bugs.

My next door neighbor just spent 10 days in hospital with this year's strain and it nearly killed him. He lost 10 kilo and did not have 10 to spare. He was in the garden a couple of days ago and looks like death on a biscuit. I do not expect him to last the winter.

Staying away from crowds is always good advice, until you realize those people never go anywhere, do anything or know anyone, have no family and no friends and if they do catch the flu and die in their beds from dehydration because there is no one to bring them a sip of water it is a month or so before their maggot ridden body is found and the cat has lived on their remains for that time.

You paint a pretty picture MB , i’m glad we have no cat.
11 October 2018, 13:29,
I haven't had the flu job for over 6 years, i'm offered it but refuse it every year, a lot of years they don't even cover that years strain and the supplies are limited and run out fairly quickly anyway.
I stay away from large crowds during the flu season and I haven't had even a sniffle .

i'm very reluctant to have something injected into my arm that I don't know whats in it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 October 2018, 14:33,
(11 October 2018, 13:29)bigpaul Wrote: I haven't had the flu job for over 6 years, i'm offered it but refuse it every year, a lot of years they don't even cover that years strain and the supplies are limited and run out fairly quickly anyway.
I stay away from large crowds during the flu season and I haven't had even a sniffle .

i'm very reluctant to have something injected into my arm that I don't know whats in it.

The only question remaining is,

Do you have a cat?
11 October 2018, 16:23,
(11 October 2018, 14:33)Mortblanc Wrote:
(11 October 2018, 13:29)bigpaul Wrote: I haven't had the flu job for over 6 years, i'm offered it but refuse it every year, a lot of years they don't even cover that years strain and the supplies are limited and run out fairly quickly anyway.

The only question remaining is,

Do you have a cat?

no, I don't like cats that much.