Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another threat to keep a eye on
30 November 2018, 13:35,
RE: another threat to keep a eye on
(30 November 2018, 11:34)LAC Wrote:
(29 November 2018, 19:30)roddas Wrote: i was kinda hoping this forum would be different, but you just cant have a proper conversation about anything on here without the professor of stupidity making stupid comments like a child, he just cant add nothing constructive to a conversation so not much point in me trying is there

Stick around mate and keep posting, your respect levels will keep going up if you do. In the future I plan/hope to build a much larger semi off grid solar energy system and would love some to pick your brains if I need some advice.

yeah ok ill give it another go, this is a UK forum after all and there are some sensible people on hear that do post some very useful and educational stuff
30 November 2018, 16:05,
anyway back on topic, sky news reporting today that Russia is massing tanks on the Ukraine border

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-accus...r-11567237
30 November 2018, 16:33,
There is NO benefit for anyone slagging off fellow members ...no need of it at all ...I did not find MB s remarks offensive ( in the early days here on suk I did, and indeed given back in kind ) .....you boys are new here , it will take time to get to understand members ......you are correct to point out it's a UK site YET MB has contributed to this forum Daly , MB does not need me to defend him ! Or anyone else come to that ! He can talk and discuss many topics and with knowledge ! Now I may not agree with everything or view he holds but over the past six odd years he has earned deserved respect .
30 November 2018, 16:44,
(30 November 2018, 16:33)Straight Shooter Wrote: There is NO benefit for anyone slagging off fellow members ...no need of it at all ...I did not find MB s remarks offensive ( in the early days here on suk I did, and indeed given back in kind ) .....you boys are new here , it will take time to get to understand members ......you are correct to point out it's a UK site YET MB has contributed to this forum Daly , MB does not need me to defend him ! Or anyone else come to that ! He can talk and discuss many topics and with knowledge ! Now I may not agree with everything or view he holds but over the past six odd years he has earned deserved respect .

i will give him respect when it is earned but making daft comments every time anyone posts anything isnt the way to go about earning anyone's respect,if fact it just makes him look stupid, yes it may be the case that we are new but his attitude is not the way to treat new members, ive seen him do it to a few people and then not seen them return again
30 November 2018, 17:44,
(30 November 2018, 16:33)Straight Shooter Wrote: There is NO benefit for anyone slagging off fellow members ...no need of it at all ...I did not find MB s remarks offensive ( in the early days here on suk I did, and indeed given back in kind ) .....you boys are new here , it will take time to get to understand members ......you are correct to point out it's a UK site YET MB has contributed to this forum Daly , MB does not need me to defend him ! Or anyone else come to that ! He can talk and discuss many topics and with knowledge ! Now I may not agree with everything or view he holds but over the past six odd years he has earned deserved respect .

He polices the forums with his own personal views. Rather than just leaving threads he's not interested in, he'll constantly post stupid childish crap that is irrelevant and pointless. I agree with Roddas, he'll get respect when he earns it.
30 November 2018, 19:22,
My God, you have hurt me to the bone and it will take weeks of extensive therapy to mend my injured self esteem and bring my self image back to its former condition!

And all I did was point out that your premise was flawed, your "facts" were a pile of conjecture and your assumptions and conclusions irrational.

And it has been a long road building such, with numerous discussions of things great and small, on the homestead or small holding as well as effects of things world wide. I have been here a long time gentlemen, and have seen the comings and goings of mentors, maniacs and morons.

But then some of them simply change their screen names and return time and time again to dwell on the same topics of speculation, stir the fears of the masses (as if we had masses) and preach the doctrine.

Being an adult, rather than a child, does not mean one agrees with everything everyone else thinks or says. And remaining silent in the face of absurdity is not necessarily the best course when discussing proper placement of resources and efforts for life or death situations, or simply the maintenance of comfort in the face of adversity.

So, if accusing me of not being a "prepper" due to my connection to reality and rejection of the irrational, impossible, and incomprehensible, I shall just have to endure the barbs and cling to sanity.

But there is one outside commentary that must be adhered too when discussing all "prepper" related discussions. He is the originator of the philosophy and the awakening voice in a cold dark wilderness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQv7Tr8HbGE
30 November 2018, 19:23,
Bravo Zulu MB!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
30 November 2018, 19:44,
(30 November 2018, 19:22)Mortblanc Wrote: My God, you have hurt me to the bone and it will take weeks of extensive therapy to mend my injured self esteem and bring my self image back to its former condition!

And all I did was point out that your premise was flawed, your "facts" were a pile of conjecture and your assumptions and conclusions irrational.

And it has been a long road building such, with numerous discussions of things great and small, on the homestead or small holding as well as effects of things world wide. I have been here a long time gentlemen, and have seen the comings and goings of mentors, maniacs and morons.

But then some of them simply change their screen names and return time and time again to dwell on the same topics of speculation, stir the fears of the masses (as if we had masses) and preach the doctrine.

Being an adult, rather than a child, does not mean one agrees with everything everyone else thinks or says. And remaining silent in the face of absurdity is not necessarily the best course when discussing proper placement of resources and efforts for life or death situations, or simply the maintenance of comfort in the face of adversity.

So, if accusing me of not being a "prepper" due to my connection to reality and rejection of the irrational, impossible, and incomprehensible, I shall just have to endure the barbs and cling to sanity.

But there is one outside commentary that must be adhered too when discussing all "prepper" related discussions. He is the originator of the philosophy and the awakening voice in a cold dark wilderness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQv7Tr8HbGE

thats all good except for a couple of points, comments like this

"Now put both your hands high in the air over your head.

Proceed to run in small circles hopping on first one foot then the other.

When you have that part worked out begin screaming in a high pitched voice one might associate with a group of girl guides on sighting a big hairy spider, chanting in that high pitched voice,

We're all going to die!! We're all going to die!!"

are not very adult at all and are not in any way constructive or useful to anyone yet you seem to want to make these very childish comments on everything anyone posts. the adult thing to do would be to either put your point across in a meaningful way or move on and go read something else that does interest you, as for your homestead well done, but your not the only one that has got that, it has taken you 70 years to do it, some including me done it half that time, it does not make you better or worse person than me, so instead of meaningless comments that help no one why not jump in and make your point in a proper way, then issues can be discussed properly
30 November 2018, 20:24,
one more point id like to make, peoples ideas of prepping are not all the same you have your ways and i have mine as others have theres, there is no right or wrong way of prepping, what i see as a possible threat you may not and visa versa, my way of prepping is to look for anything that could threaten me and my family, i will then research that threat and if there is even the smallest possibility that it could cause a issue i will prep accordingly for that situation, there is no right or wrong way to prep just your own way
30 November 2018, 21:27,
Yes I can see the logic in that roddas but there are fundamentals at work no matter how we achieve our goals , reactions to any perceived threat and what actions we take to mitigate them will depend on a lot of variables allied to the indvidual .....skill sets ,monetary status, to enable survival .....most all here have taken steps along this path .....some do what they can with what they have and on low budgets others do better and can afford to move quicker but however you cut it we all travel the same direction the good thing and most common we all want to survive what ever the event ! .

In my eyes alerting the forum to threats (even if only you see them) is a good thing and indeed should be brought to our attention however wild they may be received ...otherwise why? Are we here.

Fundamentals will always be fundamentals ,water ,shelter and food being the most basic but we all know there's my much much more ,tweaking the basics should not present a big problem especially if you have been prepping for a while even on a low budget my main thrust here is if anyone thinks their perceived risk is relevant above all others ...follow your hart..whatever the threat is , it won't be far away from the basics of prepping anyway.but