Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter fun
4 December 2018, 02:12,
Winter fun
This may be an oldie, but it is that time of year again...

It had been snowing all night; so, at ....

8:00 I made a snowman.
8:10 A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.
8:15 So, I made a snow woman
8:17 My feminist neighbour complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere
8:20 The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snowmen instead
8:22 The transgender person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts
8:25 The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
8:28 I am being called a racist because the snow couple is white..
8:31 The Muslim gent across the road demands the snow woman wear a burqa
8:40 The Police arrive saying someone has been offended
8:42 The feminist neighbour complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needs to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role
8:43 The council equalities officer arrived and threatened me with eviction
8:45 TV news crew from the BBC shows up. I am asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I reply, "Snowballs" and am called a sexist.
9:00 I'm on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobic sensibility offender bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.
9:10 I am asked if I have any accomplices... My children are taken by social services
9:29 Far left protesters offended by everything are marching down the street demanding for me to be beheaded

Moral: There is no moral to this story.

It's just the world in which we live today - and it's probably going to get worse.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
4 December 2018, 10:26,
RE: Winter fun
People watching used to be a pleasant pastime for wild child and myself ,find a nice place to sit ,coffee and just observe all the goings on (and try not to judge ) this has become increasingly more difficult in the last several years ,lack of respect for others ,the only things that concern most people is their personal wants,their space and a total disregard for others .
paying
Common courtesy taught by example of my parents and peers and reinforced through a once excellent educational system remains and indeed vigorously still defended by us two ...at no cost at all.

There are still some fine examples of really nice genuine young people coming through....but I am not really talking about them .....more about middle aged people who appear to be most prone , or is this just me ....and a symptom of getting old ? As my grandmother used to say "helping someone along the way is good for your soul and the soul you help" quite a good rule to live by......try it ...it works.