Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EMP impervious vehicle
15 December 2018, 10:10,
RE: EMP impervious vehicle
Rant Alert! I wish a new manufacturer would emerge with a brave new philosophy ie cut the crap and keep it simple! I don't want abs or parking sensors/reversing cameras..hell I don't even want a radio and wind down windows will do just fine. Its mostly single track roads here in the highlands and when you have to pull up sharpish to avoid hitting an oncoming and steer onto the grass the abs chimes in and you find your car sailing on instead of stopping. Theres a lot of salt used on the roads up here and absolutely ****s the chassis- there could be another 100k left in the engine but due to inadequate chassis/suspension protection the vehicle is shot. So manufactures vw/Peugeot/honda/ford et all you can stick your fancy electrickery where the sun don't shine and spend the saving on decent underbody protection and some stainless steel here and there, and Honda maybe you can program your damn smart arse robot azimo to get underneath to apply some waxoil!
15 December 2018, 10:28,
Chill CB .....but a horse and cart !?
15 December 2018, 10:37,
Nurse more medication! hee hee I do feel better now, horse and cart...clippity clop..clipity clop...peaceful tranquil ..bliss..sign me up!
15 December 2018, 17:44,
Dacia make cars like you are describing , wind up Windows , no radio etc etc....have considered a duster for all the reasons you cited.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
15 December 2018, 17:53,
The answer would be to buy something of the appropriate era with absolute minimum of electronics and restore it to as new or better spec that way you will know the vehicle inside out and have no trouble keeping it running , Landrover would be the choice if they weren't so darned expensive to buy and so bloody poor on fuel , now with classic cars over 40 years old not needing tax or mot it makes more sense than ever...Morris minor van anyone?
15 December 2018, 18:12,
(15 December 2018, 10:10)Chief Broom Wrote: Rant Alert! I wish a new manufacturer would emerge with a brave new philosophy ie cut the crap and keep it simple! I don't want abs or parking sensors/reversing cameras..hell I don't even want a radio and wind down windows will do just fine. Its mostly single track roads here in the highlands and when you have to pull up sharpish to avoid hitting an oncoming and steer onto the grass the abs chimes in and you find your car sailing on instead of stopping. Theres a lot of salt used on the roads up here and absolutely ****s the chassis- there could be another 100k left in the engine but due to inadequate chassis/suspension protection the vehicle is shot. So manufactures vw/Peugeot/honda/ford et all you can stick your fancy electrickery where the sun don't shine and spend the saving on decent underbody protection and some stainless steel here and there, and Honda maybe you can program your damn smart arse robot azimo to get underneath to apply some waxoil!

Excellent ideas which are impossible due to both British and EU regulations. You are wishing for something which it is impossible for the makers to legally offer.

Simplicity has been regulated into extinction.
15 December 2018, 19:03,
I have seen a quadricycle with an electric motor and you just secure a suitcase type generator to it and off you go at a blistering 25mph, range is about 70 miles on a fill of 4 litres
16 December 2018, 11:10,
4 liters of electricity?
16 December 2018, 12:40,
The generator powers the quadricycle for approx 16 miles for every litre of petrol in the 4 litre tank equating to 70 mpg .
17 December 2018, 00:16,
(16 December 2018, 11:10)Mortblanc Wrote: 4 liters of electricity?

Our local supermarket has stopped selling electricity by the litre, the paper bags keep catching fire Smile.