Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boxing Day
23 December 2018, 18:08,
Boxing Day
I was just wondering what was on everyone's list for Boxing Day to add to the kit or tool box?

I bought all of my new toys along the way this year. I am preparing for a bog project when spring arrives.

There will be boats, motors of various sorts, spanners of all types, clamps, measuring and welding involved.

If it works I will take pictures.

If it does not work I will never mention it again!

Silence is golden.
23 December 2018, 18:09,
RE: Boxing Day
Sorry that bog project should be a big project.

Although there have been some really complex bog projects in the past, just not this year.
23 December 2018, 21:23,
I have plenty of small projects to carry on with in the workshop , nothing really big until spring , but come boxing day you will find me in the workshop ,stove on and setting up some new machinery changing new blades and cutters and a new circular saw sliding bed , all I need is ready and waiting ,and I am chomping at the bit ! to get going.
24 December 2018, 01:00,
(23 December 2018, 21:23)Straight Shooter Wrote: I have plenty of small projects to carry on with in the workshop , nothing really big until spring , but come boxing day you will find me in the workshop ,stove on and setting up some new machinery changing new blades and cutters and a new circular saw sliding bed , all I need is ready and waiting ,and I am chomping at the bit ! to get going.

If i remember rightly SS last year you were sharpening chisels and plane irons, i was putting up new shelves in the big shed, mainly to get away from crappy tv repeats of third rate christmas chick flics.

This time i intend to visit “go outdoors” (camping and outdoors supermarket) for same reason as above, there is always something i need there.

I’ve been looking at solar panels on ebay and have seen a 100w folding panel fitted with a charge controller and jumper leads.
It’s around 150 smackers, very handy and versatile, keep it in the camper (comes in a storage bag) or set it up in garden if there’s a power outage.

Proud to be old and grumpy.
25 December 2018, 10:45,
Since my old Homelite decided to pack in ill be searching for a replacement saw. I've been looking at the Husqvarna 120 that's replacing the 236 but it's not out until January . I've got spares to rebuild the Homelite but it's really time to retire it .
26 December 2018, 18:40,
I once preferred Homelite above all other brands. My favorite was the little Super 2 and I used one of those to keep my family warm for for more than two decades.

When it packed up I discovered they had sold out to the Japanese and Homelite was just another re-branded Polan.

I switched to Stihl but Husky is a good saw too!

I have little need for a chain saw now, except for emergencies, so I fill that need with a little Remington electric chain saw. It will operate off my small 1K gen-set if the power is out.

I have lately been eyeballing a cordless electric, which would be real nice.
27 December 2018, 15:00,
Well all cutters and blades were changed and the new bed made for the saw bench , sharpened the chainsaw (Stihl) set up another router table for upcoming projects .