Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yep that's snow
25 January 2019, 18:47,
RE: Yep that's snow
I have to agree with LAC on the political outreach program.

TPTB want you to bury your head in the sand and give up. A non-voting, appointed candidate, one party political system ruling a hopeless population is their dream.

When politicians lose their fear of the people they go bad instantly.
28 January 2019, 16:17,
While the last crisis was averted the weather, being subject to change, has decided to once more make an attack.

We are supposed to reach record lows in the next few days the like of which has not been seen since the last hibernation of the great cave bears.

Not much snow in the works but temps dropping to the point on the scale where C and F cross paths on the thermometer, down around -30.

There will be great preps done today in the form of gearing the house to these numbers. I am usually good down to -20 but when it gets down to -30 the laws of physics seem to change and well insulated pipes freeze and the cold seems to come right through the walls.

If the power happens to go out at those temps there is a danger to life and property.

But to really practical matters, all the clothes must be washed, especially all the long johns, and a good hot shower for the human involved if things freeze up I might not get another for a couple of days. Food cooked for a couple of days so all it needs is a warm up. Emergency fuel tanks filled and backup power checked before all the electrons freeze.
28 January 2019, 16:32,
Looks like we are going to get some snow tomorrow (tues) and going colder , but nothing like what you get over there MB , tried to snow yesterday but nothing came of the light little splatter , sunshine all day today ….got loads done …..i was beginning to get cabin fever !
29 January 2019, 17:12,
You got our snow of last week SS. It was a bit but nothing to write home about.

We had a warm system move out and cold move in last night. Yesterday high was about 15c and today will be about -15c.

It will drop all night tonight and hit -30 or close to that with a high for tomorrow predicted at -20.

That is for my area and just miles down the road it will be different.

There is very little snow attached to this system. It is dry high pressure cold. One of their "polar vortex" things.

Got to have a fancy label for everything! When I was a kid they were called Arctic Highs, continental high pressure systems that were cold, dry and moved rapidly. That was part of the standard training in geography from kindergarten to University.

Then they became "Alberta Clippers" and since the global warmers took over the media they have become "Polar Vortex" and occur due to "global warming".

Oddly we have several places here in the states that are famous for their vortexes. Movie stars, hippies, and other weirdos gather in those locations to contact the spirit world, aliens, or sometimes dead relatives to find out where they hid the lock box key.
29 January 2019, 17:52,
No snow has turned up yet 1600 hrs but give it time ! …..they are predicting (more) snow for Thursday and Friday , I lagged the outdoor water tap last night (which I had forgot about) and moved the everyday to the top of the drive , going to kick over the digger tomorrow for its monthly tick over and bump up the battery and the same for the beast …..we now have taken to threatening to amputate Bens leg …..he turned up today for some threaded bar …..wild child walked out the shed carrying my chainsaw , helmet and gloves .
29 January 2019, 20:42,
So far we’ve avoided heavy snow where I am . Though with having the dubious pleasure of living 900ft above sea level it’s coming . My cars in for repairs and the loaner is rear wheel drive . Should be fun getting home when it does come . Flask and winter boots at the ready .
29 January 2019, 21:27,
Snow started here at 2 pm.

It is now 3:20 and we have 2.5 cm powder snow with storm total of about 10cm inches expected. Cold and sporadic flurries through Friday with temps -10 to -15 C

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
29 January 2019, 21:42,
Well, we're on The Fens and it has just started here. Hopefully it won't last, but both vehicles are hefty 4WD so we will be o.k. Just peering out of the windows weighing up heading out to hay up livestock...... it looks a bit chilly!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
30 January 2019, 14:58,
We have a definite thing going on this morning!

-18C with wind chill at -35C.

Wind is blowing so hard the house is shaking.

I woke in the early hours to a power outage at -17. Power stayed out for two hours.

Got onto backup system but the nights sleep was shot.
31 January 2019, 09:28,
-9C last night …..but a toasty 24C inside , except the bedroom ….18C...….snow is due here around 1300 hrs ….hard frost in the trees , I have to get to hospital this afternoon for a standard post op check up , so I have to meet that appointment .

How the hell are you MB, CH, and JP ? ……...do we need to call in the troops ? looking at the news last night and this morning its real bad over there, real bad !