Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PGs camper van
23 October 2020, 15:41,
RE: PGs camper van
Good find LS ....just ordered one for the sil .
23 October 2020, 18:48,
Hi SS, I've not yet received the one I ordered, so fingers crossed re quality, but I 've had three of the charge controllers like the one shown and its one of those (10a) that's been in permanent operation for 5 years, and is still going strong
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

23 October 2020, 19:07,
I look forward to you guys reporting on these panels, at these prices how could anyone go wrong.
10 March 2021, 01:08,
Over the winter I have just been starting the camper once a week, checking the tyres and keeping a dehumidifier running to prevent damp.

I’ve finally got round to fitting proper coat hooks in the shower compartment instead of the small plastic original ones, it will make an effective wet locker for foul weather gear.

The vehicle battery has been on a charger/maintainer, and the leisure battery on a solar panel, both seem good, but I need to check when they were purchased, they must be 3 or 4 years old, so they will be replaced sooner rather than later as battery life is finite.

Now with a possible date for holidays announced we will give it a good clean and polish, and then start the usual checks, oil, water, brake fluid, wiper blades etc.

The vehicle has been standing with a full fuel tank for fifteen months, so I think i’ll add some fuel system cleaner, this may prevent any possible difficulty.
11 March 2021, 13:36,
We have booked a weekend slot already Pete .....end of May .....mid Wales , like you I will start cleaning and polishing and going through the check list getting it all ready to hook up and get the hell out of here, wild child is looking to book up more trips.........we feel it will end up like the Wild West sooner rather than later and that mayhem will soon follow .....even so .......book early or I doubt there will be places ....especially in a caravan .
4 May 2021, 20:01,
Over the weekend in a conversation about campers and trailer caravans the US airstream was mentioned.........so I googled..........found a UK advert for one........

1983 model.......been refurbished........£110k. You could not see the roof for solar panels........1kw solar system........six lithium deep discharge batteries........two 3kw inverters........with all the switches and isolators.......most impressive.

I would need to strip out our camper to fit that lot........It makes our little system.......100w folding panel.......90Ah leisure battery........seem insignificant.
5 May 2021, 05:16,
The Airstream are top of the line, but a base model 1983 16 footer in the US would be about $30k and the solar system would add maybe 10K

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
5 May 2021, 15:57,
(5 May 2021, 05:16)CharlesHarris Wrote: The Airstream are top of the line, but a base model 1983 16 footer in the US would be about $30k and the solar system would add maybe 10K

Hi Charles, been on website again, this is the Sovereign Excella, big twin axle job.
24 May 2021, 19:28,
(11 March 2021, 13:36)Straight Shooter Wrote: We have booked a weekend slot already Pete .....end of May .....mid Wales........

Hi SS are you set up for solar on the van ?. As you know we use our 100w folding system which is always in the camper, quite adequate for lights and any emergency battery charging.
24 May 2021, 19:51,
Yes Pete it’s all in there ready along with a small generator ......but will be useless if it’s a x class .....may well be hiking home.....packed our boots and all the gear including the tent and Kelly kettle ......no I am not kidding ! .