Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Are Borg
15 March 2019, 09:51,
We Are Borg
I had an adventure yesterday. I had a spinal nerve simulator installed.

I have been in continuous pain since November of 1988 and after several surgeries and numerous treatments I was advised to have this device implanted.

I am in the "test stage" at this point where they install the leads and test the device to insure it works before the permanent implant inside my body is done.

When they turned the device on yesterday I experienced my first total absence of pain in my lower body in the past 31 years.

The site where they did the installation hurts like fury but my lower back is pain free!
15 March 2019, 15:46,
RE: We Are Borg
Well that's great news ! MB …..wow 31 years …….I expect you'll be throwing some chicks around the dance floor shortly and throwing some solo shapes also.....hold on I have a vision coming through......right......MB you will need to listen to ( the rocker) by Thin Lizzy …...this is my vision in full …."got my cycle outside doyouwanna try".
15 March 2019, 16:45,
Congratulations. 31 years in pain. I can't imagine that. Good luck with the retrofit.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 March 2019, 18:49,
Nope clearly say's(well as clearly as an Irishman can) got my sickle outside "wanna try" lol
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
15 March 2019, 18:51,
there clearly gonna do some gardening lol
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
15 March 2019, 18:57,
Best wishes to you, MB. 31 years! Crikey!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
15 March 2019, 20:15,
MB when the pain of the surgery fades you will feel like a new man, you’ll feel 20 years younger. Years of constant pain grinds even the strongest down.

Best wishes for the future, not doubt you will shame us all with your preps.
16 March 2019, 15:47,
yup you'r right MM …..got carried away....again.....there again I am known for adding my own lyrics …..in the wrong numbers lol ! because of recent posts bout sickles MB just fitted the song …..sending him some shades and leathers feeling good means looking GOOOoooood.
16 March 2019, 23:12,
I now operate using a remote control!

Something else to lose under the sofa cushions, only this one makes my legs twitch! When they turned it on full blast to see if it was working properly it felt like I was hooked to a paint shaker at the hardware store.

There was a movie a while back where some guy gave his GF a pair of electric knickers and kept zapping her out in public. Sort of reminds me of that.

I have the leads removed next week and the full implant scheduled for a month or so away if all goes well.

It has been so long since I was completely pain free that this has come as quite a shock. I do not have to watch how I move, how I reach, lean or twist my body, and I was able to go to the supermarket and not be in misery walking to the car afterwards.

And yep SS, there will be a lot of things I had given up long ago that will be part of life again. Problem is that over the years I have lost 40%-50% of the mobility of my lower body due to the nerve damage, so dancing will not be part of the recovery program.
17 March 2019, 11:41,
Well MB …….its obvious and very clear …..WE ALL are happy for you and wish you well …... glad you no longer have to put up with the pain! good on you pal! .