Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sir Kim Darroch was right!
10 July 2019, 18:14,
Sir Kim Darroch was right!
Your ambassador who infuriated Trump spoke the truth and said exactly what many of us here feel. Trump isn't man enough to handle criticism.

I'm not sure which party Sir Kim is affiliated with, but he would probably make you a better PM than Boris the Buffoon.

I wish him and all Britain a successful Brexit and bright future uncluttered by
misguided children who shold refrain from politics.

REALLY none of my business, but Trump bungled this one terribly.

Rule Britannia!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
10 July 2019, 21:13,
RE: Sir Kim Darroch was right!
Thank you Charles, you’ve hit the nail on the head.
11 July 2019, 01:25,
My understanding of the situation is that it's an old beef going back to the beginning of the Trump presidency. Sir Kim was involved in the team supposedly welcoming Trump as POTUS but snubbed him and tried to ignore him completely - a bit like what they've been doing with Brexit for the last three years. However, I do feel he went too far this time in attacking the PM, although I'm no fan of Treason May, Trump lost his cool again as he does. I personally thought you would have been better off with someone like Ted Crus as your President, although he may not have be able to pull the voters as much as Trump was able to do.
11 July 2019, 09:42,
Trump was the best available. he wasn't ideal as his 2A stance leaves plenty to be desired but you got the best of what was on offer.

That asshole Kim and others like him instead of getting on with dealing with the elected leader of a major ally chose to pick away at him instead of doing his job. Good riddance. I have plenty of managers at my place that are useless but I deal with them taking into consideration their weaknesses instead of sniping at them.

Never before have I seen politicians actively criticizing a western leader like Trump is getting. None of them are perfect yet I have never seen politicians picking on any other politician. Why is Trump the only one that has been picked on from day 1?

Think how much progress the US would have made if the houses had worked with Trump, as they did every other president, instead of putting hurdles in his way from day 1.

The PTB reaction to Trump and Brexit have shown the world what politicians are like. Changes are afoot and not before time. Our politicians are out of control.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 July 2019, 10:17,
Silly me, I thought that diplomats were supposed to be diplomatic. Blabbing about your personal and offensive opinions concerning the head of one of our biggest allies (even if you do not like him etc etc) is not just stupid, it's pathetic. He evidently does not know how to keep things secure either. Good riddance.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
11 July 2019, 20:23,
SD if Trump was the best available it doesn’t say much for the rest.

Trump can not take criticism and he is a bully, look at his record of sacking people on a whim.

Mary, Sir Kim Darroch has had an excellent and distinguished career and surely it is the duty of an ambassador to report on the administration and people he meets.

Whoever leaked the cables has done the country a great disservice.

Boris Johnson is weak and self centred has no policies and if elected PM he will be pushed around by Trump and be his puppy, God help us then.

Charles is right Sir Kim Darroch would make a much better PM than Johnson, (i don’t know much about Hunt but he seems more trustworthy).

These are my personal opinions only, i respect yours, and i was taught at an early age not to argue about politics or religion.
11 July 2019, 21:53,
Well I line up completely with SD,Mn and Lac , and like SD I would like to know WHY Trump has been Continually been attacked and ridiculed (from all quarters) from within and outside of the USA and especially from HERE in the UK (who is running scared) …...not Trump ! …..lets face it , he's a businessman and not a politician …...he is doing just great …….even some of his bullshit ...or should I say reverse bullshit seems FRESH . On stuff closer to home …..lets hope it does not kick off with Iran …..before we get OUT of the EU ? now that would be a disaster …..intended or otherwise ? ……..when your surrounded you can use any aggressions aimed and levelled at you against your foe by adopting the methods they use …..but better, Trump is NO FOOL …..just surrounded by some of them .
12 July 2019, 10:00,
(11 July 2019, 20:23)Pete Grey Wrote: SD if Trump was the best available it doesn’t say much for the rest.
That was my point. None of our modern politicians are any good at all. They are professional politicians and everything they touch they fuck up.

(11 July 2019, 20:23)Pete Grey Wrote: Trump can not take criticism and he is a bully, look at his record of sacking people on a whim.
So? He is removing the wheat from the chaff. I doubt there is much wheat where he is now. He has less power of people than he did in business.

(11 July 2019, 20:23)Pete Grey Wrote: Mary, Sir Kim Darroch has had an excellent and distinguished career and surely it is the duty of an ambassador to report on the administration and people he meets.
He has had a excellent and distinguished career in the civil service. They will say the exact same thing about May, Corbyn, Mandelson and all the others. It means nothing.

I agree he has a duty to report his views on whomever he meets. That is part of his job.

(11 July 2019, 20:23)Pete Grey Wrote: Whoever leaked the cables has done the country a great disservice.
Agree and they should be prosecuted and sacked.

(11 July 2019, 20:23)Pete Grey Wrote: Boris Johnson is weak and self centred has no policies and if elected PM he will be pushed around by Trump and be his puppy, God help us then.
Boris is a politician. IMO no different from the rest so I'm not expecting much. It would be good though for him to get some ideas from Trump. At least trump knows how to get things done.

(11 July 2019, 20:23)Pete Grey Wrote: Charles is right Sir Kim Darroch would make a much better PM than Johnson, (i don’t know much about Hunt but he seems more trustworthy).
Kimmy boy would be totally useless as the PM but I feel the same about Boris and Hunt although I think their experience of the sewers will put them in a better position.

(11 July 2019, 20:23)Pete Grey Wrote: These are my personal opinions only, i respect yours, and i was taught at an early age not to argue about politics or religion.
Agree. However to discuss is to learn.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin