Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Shape of Things To Come?
29 January 2012, 19:08,
RE: The Shape of Things To Come?
Scythe,

Good idea but I don't think that is what will happen. As they collapse like dominos nobody will want to be the one funding all the others.

If the Euro itself collapses and starts to lose countries then the EU project is in trouble.

What is more likely to happen is the rich countries band together in a new EU. They will want to drag the UK into that.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 January 2012, 19:12,
(29 January 2012, 19:08)Skean Dhude Wrote: Scythe,

Good idea but I don't think that is what will happen. As they collapse like dominos nobody will want to be the one funding all the others.

If the Euro itself collapses and starts to lose countries then the EU project is in trouble.

What is more likely to happen is the rich countries band together in a new EU. They will want to drag the UK into that.

SD, the EU does not want the UK, i think they'd like to throw us out of "the club" but they cant afford to, they need our money, they dont need us but they need the cash we pay into their unelected fraudulent enterprise.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 January 2012, 22:51,
BP, That is right. That is why they want us in there to share the burden.

The Uk not only follows EUSSR instructions but makes them goldplated, enforces them and this makes it worse for us.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 January 2012, 23:59,
My thoughts are that there will become a single currency FORCED upon us. Everything will go bust, then TPTB will insite a new rule. That new rule will transfer all currency away from the Euro, and into a global, or semi-global financial system.

If you think about it, it would be the perfect time to set such a thing up. Name me a currency that is faltering and dying?

I can list a few, even though I'm not watching the news or TV: Dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen, most African currencies, Russian Rubles.......

You tell me who wouldn't like the idea of a global currency. Think how much easier international trade would be. Think how easier it would be to value oil, or gold. Instead of basing it on the dollar that is collapsing drastically.

China and Russia suggested a currency called the Globo a few years back.
31 January 2012, 06:43,
AND THE NEXT STEP - WORLD GOVERNMENT? Kenneth Eames.
31 January 2012, 11:27,
You can only have a currency in an area you control totally, if we have a global currency there needs to be a global government. On the plus side everyone wants to be in charge and so they won't get one for a very long time.
Skean Dhude
31 January 2012, 14:11,
(31 January 2012, 11:27)Skean Dhude Wrote: You can only have a currency in an area you control totally, if we have a global currency there needs to be a global government. On the plus side everyone wants to be in charge and so they won't get one for a very long time.

That's the fun of having a democracy. Everyone gets a say. That's the only way the world could be under one government. Either that or a dictatorship.

The Chinese would win the vote, just because they would have the natural majority! haha
31 January 2012, 15:36,
(31 January 2012, 14:11)Scythe13 Wrote: That's the fun of having a democracy. Everyone gets a say.

What democracy is that then? The only true democracy in the world is Switzerland. The people have the say there.

That is not the case anywhere else although it is made out to look like it is.
Skean Dhude
31 January 2012, 23:36,
[quote='Prep28' pid='6337' dateline='1327689993']
Was your Grandad German? I recently read 'When Money Dies' and what you describe is exactly what happened in Germany in the 20s/30s.

No, he is English & lived in west Yorks around Huddersfield/Penistone at the time. He is still just hanging in there at 99yrs old. He has seen some S*"te in his time and remembers all this going on before. the corrupt financial system/banks & ponsy schemes with politicians heavily involved inc the president of America at the time. They actually managed to sort the leeches out at the time & passed a raft of new legislation that kept it at bay for many decades. But by the time the 80's were on the wane, human greed decided that enough of the old timers had passed through & out of the institutions of power & regulation and that greed could reassert itself as a prime human motivator on a world scale. Only this time its all pervasive & all encompassing!
My grandfather was only in his teens/twenties at the time & so was not experienced & wise enough to know the bigger picture back then, but he does remember the runaway inflation etc as described before. He is too old to take any of the new stuff on board now. I tell him tit bits now & again but have to stop myself turning it into a tirade as he only falls asleep within minutes... lol.
21 June 2012, 22:50,
I've been keeping my eyes on Greece for around a year and it's what brought me to this forum in the first place. It's a nightmare for the people there and now it's spread to Spain & Italy, who knows how it will pan out in the end (badly, obviously).

My predicament is ££. I am not in a position to get a mortgage right now (self-employed) though this will change in around a year due to a change in my circumstances. I've been working hard to save for a deposit which is currently sitting in the bank. I've bought a bit of silver for investment (and other currencies) but as everyone says, you can't eat it (and I don't like valuables lying around the house). I have lots of prep supplies to tide me over for a month or so (partner with T1 diabetes means we'd have to get out of dodge asap - and we've seen how medical supplies have been in short supply in Greece during this crisis) so don't want to spend anymore ££ on that.

With the distinct possibility of a euro collapse & domino effect (savings wiped out/massively de-valued), I just can't think what to do with my ££. I even wonder why I'm banging the hours in to save more money when the BofE keeps effectively devaluing it with more & more QE. Catch 22 really, can't get a mortgage but sitting on a deposit.

Any suggestions?