Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum awfully quiet these days
7 October 2019, 00:55,
Forum awfully quiet these days
Not much activity on the forum of late. Not sure exactly why.

Perhaps people are worried that TPTB are monitoring all Internet activity and they don't want to be identified as politically incorrect?

Here in the US most are observing the political theatre re the Democrat's Trump impeachment inquiry with interest, if not amusement. When the Republicans tried that with Bill Clinton a generation ago it gave ole Slick Willie a huge bump in his poll numbers. I don't know that The Donald is as well loved, but time will tell. I'm not crazy about the man, but the clown bar of potential Democrat Presidential candidates is equally crazy. I don't see the leftists letting an aging white guy get the nomination, so Lunch Bucket Joe and Bernie are only temporary distractions. If they put up either Pohahontas or Kamilla I can see them being so far left as to alienate the traditional Dmocrat base. Political theatre at its worst...

On your side of the pond Olde Boy Boris is stirring the pot as well. I don't see the EU agreeing to any extension for a Brexit deal, so the next month or so may be interesting.

If anyone cares to comment and feels that they can do so without offending your government minders and having your rum ration curtailed, I would be interested in your thoughts and predictions.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
7 October 2019, 09:33,
RE: Forum awfully quiet these days
Good morning from the UK, Charles. Yes, it is a bit quiet at the moment. I suspect a lot of us are tidying up after Summer and getting things in shape for Autumn/Winter. I seem to pend most of my days at the moment tidying the garden and veggie patch, maintenance on the house (those bits I can deal with), and preserving, jamming and pickling anything that doesn't move. I am sure that SS is going to agree with this! Yes, we are all watching Boris and his manoeuvres with great interest. He is on a promise to leave the EU by 31st October, and his approval rating is rising, so I guess a lot of people are waiting to see what he does. He's a bit of a maverick so I am hopeful we will see a few decent fireworks in the Commons. We can only wait and see.

The Extinction Rebellion creatures are once again banging their little drums. It is just a matter of time before some bored commuter decks one or two of them - can hardly wait!

Hope things are going well for you all on the other side of the Pond.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
7 October 2019, 16:10,
I am of the opinion that the so-called "scientists" who are frightening the little dears with all of this extinction nonsense, should be charged with child abuse. Nothing that the EU, Canada, the USA or Australia could accomplish with respect to climate change, will be enough to offset the horrendous emissions by Russia, China, India, Africa and Brazil.

The only sure cure for climate change is to reduce the human population on earth by not less than 3 billion. Short of global nuclear war I don't know of a way to do that in time to save the planet for the greenies. Me, I'm hoarding freeze dried food, batteries, medicine and woolen blankets in preparation for the coming ice age.

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
7 October 2019, 18:34,
I'm inclined to agree about the population problem, Charles. Personally I see no point in wittering on about climate change UNTIL there is a massive reduction in human numbers. Every single additional human will want something - food, water, things etc etc etc - and the poor old planet simply cannot accommodate it. I am delighted to say that it is unlikely I will be alive to see it when the SH really hits the fan!
8 October 2019, 11:23,
It is a bit quiet and I can understand that as we haven't had any new posts for some time.

I'm happy that people still find it useful so I'm leaving it open for a reference site but it is clear that there is only a few people who are writing in the forum. Eventually, I see that you won't have anything to talk about and it will just stop. Unfortunate but I just don't have the time to maintain the site. I just hope that it is still useful to those that come across it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 October 2019, 17:07,
Yes it is quiet SD and yes again no new posts.....as I had a mini rant about some weeks back...…...people are reading posts but have nothing to say for themselves ….I have taken to slip in as a guest so no one can see my checking in and out ! yeah ….sad but true , soooo what's going on then ? is there no further need for prepping ? has the world changed for the better ? are people just fed up with this (prepping LARK) or just plain fed up ? or are part time preppers on zero contracts.....who knows ? I have witnessed many members drift away from this forum over the years and for lots of different reasons and every time I have felt the loss ….its up to those who remain here to keep this portal open ….and do some good and help them that need it ! ……..what ever the end result , it will make not one jot of difference to me.....I will always be a prepper …..I will continue on ……..and no I am not ill !
9 October 2019, 17:26,
Can't say I have changed my perspectives either. This time of year is very busy generally - garden being put to bed; pickling, jamming etc etc. I still read through the Forum to check for information I require. Nothing changes for me. By the way, SS, I have just put up a batch of pickled onions following your recipe. Can't wait!
6 December 2019, 13:50,
I didn't even realize it was back up, just happened to look in by chance.
6 December 2019, 17:56,
yeah, me too.
how you all doing.
if I don't pop in again before, merry Christmas to everyone.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 December 2019, 18:58,
I did my good deed for the day and helped a neighbor, retired Federal special agent, move into his new digs. Two gun safes full and enough ammunition to arm train and arm a platoon of Home Guard. Nice thing at this retirement dinner he was gifted a case of single-malt to put up with his long term food storage. Thoughtful bunch of blokes.

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA