Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kick starting the World.
29 May 2021, 17:35,
RE: Kick starting the World.
(26 May 2021, 13:23)bigpaul Wrote: "hungry folk" will be dead folk pretty quickly, even quicker if they dont have access to clean water.

Especially when you live in places where one has to protect stock.

Everyone and their mums' have g*ns round here.
Like who?
Farmers... Farmer's mums.

Hot Fuzz lol
29 May 2021, 22:49,
We might not need to fall back to horse and plough as we still have a lot of viable infrastructure in place even after a major shtf.
Faced with a major event and a kill rate of 99% of the population it doesn't need to be game over. Yes infrastructure as we know it will probably fail and it will be very difficult to bring national grids and networks back online but there are hundreds of windfarms, dams, solar etc that can be brought back into service at a local level eg village/small town.
Once you have power then life gets a lot easier, there are electic motors lying around everywhere, eg washing machines, fans etc and these can be pressed into service.
Knowing basic power and engineering skills are a very useful skill in the future if it really hits the fan.
30 May 2021, 08:35,
and most if not all of the engineers who know how these things work will be dead.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 May 2021, 11:13,
I have never understood this all encompassing need to have electricity at any cost, I lived off grid-no power of any kind mains or non mains- for 12 years and loved every minute of it and will do it again post SHTF.
human beings lived for thousands of years without electricity, its only in the last century that we had electricity in houses and now most people cannot possibly survive without it, or think they cant which amounts to the same thing.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 May 2021, 14:16,
TBH I have no interest in "kick starting the world" post SHTF, once it goes back to a self reliant/self sufficient simple lifestyle where we each tend to our own needs by our own personal labours then that will be enough for me.