Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Election Triumph or Tragedy?
13 December 2019, 04:36,
RE: General Election Triumph or Tragedy?
From what is appearing on the US news this evening, it would appear that the Tories have achieved their decisive victory.

Let's hope thast they make the most of it and that all of you are pleased with your election outcome.

It appears that indeed the people have spoken, and the message is loud clear.

I am pulling the cork on the 14 year-old Balvenie!

Rule Britainia!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
13 December 2019, 09:59,
absolutely, Corbyn is toast, Swinson(LD) is gone, Boris has won with a 76 majority with 2 still to declare.
Brexit here we come.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 December 2019, 13:13,
(13 December 2019, 04:36)CharlesHarris Wrote: From what is appearing on the US news this evening, it would appear that the Tories have achieved their decisive victory.

Let's hope thast they make the most of it and that all of you are pleased with your election outcome.

It appears that indeed the people have spoken, and the message is loud clear.

I am pulling the cork on the 14 year-old Balvenie!

Rule Britainia!
Balvenie, my favourite Malt, good choice mate.
13 December 2019, 15:59,
Like GH, I have no dog in that fight, but I can celebrate the sudden realization of some of your leaders that the legislative branch has been totally out of touch with the will of the people for the past 100 years.

It is really difficult for us Americans to see that this is your form of a radical revolution, a clear mandate of the people.

American politicians try to declare a mandate with every vote around the water cooler for what to have for lunch or what size soda to serve.
13 December 2019, 16:02,
YEESSS! It's like having a black cloud lifted. Roll on Brexit!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
14 December 2019, 14:38,
(13 December 2019, 16:02)MaryN Wrote: YEESSS! It's like having a black cloud lifted. Roll on Brexit!
I never thought the British people were stupid enough to put a Marxist PM in number 10 and I was proved right.
even Labour areas didn't want Corbyn.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 December 2019, 15:08,
Well lets see if Boris actually makes Brexit happen. I have my doubts but if he does it well he will go down in history while Cameron, May, etc. will not even get a mention beyond their listings.

Lets see how it goes. We watch what is going on over there with disbelief. Look at what Trump is doing for your country and that is while the rest of the government fights against him. Think how well you would be doing if they helped.

We really do need to get rid of full time politicians.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
14 December 2019, 15:29,
!00% agree SD …….well said !
14 December 2019, 15:36,
with an 80 seat majority Brexit is inevitable, all the remainer MP's are history.
15 December 2019, 12:59,
I see that Emily Thornbury has called anyone from the North who voted Tory STUPID, she and the rest of Labour are the stupid ones, they still don't get it.