Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The car
10 December 2019, 11:35,
RE: The car
Never bothered with a bug out vehicle as I don't intend having to move far, if I have too then TSHF is really bad and vehicles won't be much use anyway, I'm heading to a paddock full of nice tame horses/ponies, they run on Grass, have permanent four wheel drive and if they break down you can eat them, and they replicate themselves every year lol.
10 December 2019, 11:48,
my bug out vehicle will be a bicycle.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 December 2019, 11:55,
(10 December 2019, 11:48)bigpaul Wrote: my bug out vehicle will be a bicycle.
I'll hear you wheezing and spluttering your way up those hills from miles away BP
10 December 2019, 11:59,
(10 December 2019, 11:55)Tartar Horde Wrote:
(10 December 2019, 11:48)bigpaul Wrote: my bug out vehicle will be a bicycle.
I'll hear you wheezing and spluttering your way up those hills from miles away BP
modern bikes have these strange things called gears TH!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 December 2019, 18:03,
The car is our get home vehicle, it’s the camper that is set up for bugging out. The car is our BO reserve.

If TSHTF already we bug in unless there is a risk to life. Our biking days are long past.
11 December 2019, 09:51,
bugging in makes sense, depending on where one is and what the event.
in a SHTF event cities aren't really survivable but I wouldn't recommend "running to the woods" either unless someone really knows what their doing, but few do.
8 March 2020, 20:52,
With this covid-19 business, if we need to visit our relatives up north we will drive and certainly won’t be using the train (or any public transport) to avoid un-nesessary contact.

In addition to keeping the fuel tank as full as possible we now have an extra, second 20L jerrycan in reserve, so we can minimise visits to a petrol station.
9 March 2020, 14:56,
Just took delivery of lpg gas , the driver said he put in 1000 Ltrs to tick over ? He said there is a problem with supply and is ongoing ....he is only allowed half his load and is trying to stretch it so that the customers can keep going with some limited supply, I am expecting some 47s bottled propane today from the same supplier should have been here hours ago .....we will see ! .
21 July 2020, 23:41,
Over the last four months the car has only done about 100 miles, short runs of 2 or 3 miles, now the engine management warning light comes on at times. So it’s going to be a blast up the motorway 4000revs in 3rd gear to blow the crap out of the catalytic converter. We do this 2 or 3 times a year.
23 July 2020, 10:38,
I have this issue too. I wonder if they include these compulsory high rev burns up the motorway when they work out the fuel consumption of their wonderful cars. Don't answer that. I know the answer. It's all a farce.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin