Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The first act of WW3 ?
5 January 2020, 18:38,
The first act of WW3 ?
We are about to leave the EU , and strengthen our (special relationship) with the USA ! so special Donny forgot to tell us that he gave the order to take that guy out …..a snapshot of things to come in our (special relationship ) , I did comment on food shortages in another post last week and now this shit turns up …...if the oil price hits 100 dollars US plus ….just that one thing will kill the global economy , the UK and others will be forced into that WAR ….like it or not …..so what can we do to mitigate such forces beyond our direct control ? …..exactly what we do right now ...PREPARE for the worst case scenario as is possible .

I keep banging on about my garden and what I grow , I tell you of my polytunnels and what I grow in there , I tell you of my fruit bushes and trees to the point of being a predictable pain in the arse....making jams,jellys,wines pickling, dehydrating ...baking bread ……..all these skills YOU need to know and practice in order to prevail , I already started to increase food prepps weeks ago NOT out of fear just Common sense …..and just in case you think , I think we should remain in the EU a BIG NO I voted out and out we should go! …..I have to ask the question Does Donny really know what he's doing .
5 January 2020, 22:34,
RE: The first act of WW3 ?
I never thought Donny gave any thought to the so called “special relationship”.
With him it’s America first....second....third...........and sod everyone else. He doesn’t know what he’s doing. He’s to impulsive and doesn’t/can’t think ahead. Putin must be laughing his socks off.

As for our preps i’m pleased to say we’re pretty good for most things, food stocks four or five months easily . All vehicles and fuel cans are filling to the brim. There will be some big shopping trips this week, extra food stuffs - special offers etc. As soon as possible the raised beds will be planted, good range of seeds in the fridge.
5 January 2020, 23:05,
Sulemani has been a problem for a long time. Much like bin Laden, we were prohibited from whacking him by NSC/White House directive. That was 2006-2007. Definite links to Badr Corps and al Sadr networks. Much cash, weapons, and training passed into southern Iraq via Quds Force.

In fact, a couple of guys I knew that have gone on to become multi star generals actively supported leaving Sulemani and his network in place as a stabilizing element. A friend and mentor of mine was harshly reprimanded for disagreeing, which is probably one of the reasons I wasn’t selected for advancement from Colonel to Brigadier.

I would like to see sanity prevail. Rolling up the rest of that well documented terror support network would be nice.

Personally, I’m a fan of WT Sherman’s approach to managing a conquered territory. He summed it up in an 1863 letter to Halleck after the fall of Vicksburg. Essentially, dispossess and Lock up the oligarchy (plantation owners), give purpose and jobs to the rest who will swear fealty to the victors, and finally one must ruthlessness chase down and kill the dead Enders who have no stake in society (he specifically mentioned Nathan Bedford Forrest, another superb leader who understood war well).

Sherman’s advice is timeless, dating from the days of Julius Caesar in the British Isles. The US failed miserably in following it from the time that Paul Bremer was put in charge of CPA. It got worse under Zal Khalilizad.

The only thing more horrible than war is losing in war. I’m not sure that our politicians appreciate or understand this fact. Thus we get half measures and vested interests obstructing the way to ensuring victory and temporal peace. It’s best that the enemy know they’ve been defeated and fear a resumption of hostility. That view isn’t widely held Inside the Beltway and originates from the Leavenworth School of Advanced Infantry Studies and not the Carlisle School of Political Correctness and Beltway Success.

The bungled Iraq war has left some real scars. Much more so than A-Stan, where we never really tried to win.

While I loathe wanton destruction of innocents; what is advocated here is not wanton, and as for the decapitation strike, I support it. We cannot permit Iran to possess nuclear weapons. Period. An effectie course of action is in fact akin to the excision of a malignant disease, by which action the main body of the people can survive. Until there is a fundamental alteration to Islam itself, eschewing all practice of deceit, of violence, of elitism, of claiming God is responsible for personal actions and choices, this type of excision will be required over and over again. The only alternative if such action is not enjoined is for evil to become normative everywhere.

Not exactly my idea of paradise. For those of you who will disagree, once Iran has a bomb they can use to target anywhere in Europe, what is your plan B?

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
5 January 2020, 23:07,
Unable to edit, I was not the officer passed over, my mentor was. I missed a needed edit in cutting and pasting from his morning email and appologise for the error.

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
6 January 2020, 18:17,
Sorry we did not inform or ask advice from "British Intelligence" but we have had some problems with the reliability of their information of late.

All of this is the result of the failure of our foreign policy during the Carter Administration of 40 years ago, and the British Colonial policy of 75 years back. You created the nation and then we let them kick us about needlessly, being unprepared to respond due to drastic demilitarization from 1976-1980.

It can not be rightly laid at Trumph's feet when Obama abandoned Iraq to the mercy of its enemies only 8 years ago and they have already endured the invasion of ISIS and now their ancient enemy to the west.

If we still had a significant occupation presence there this would not be happening.

As stated in CH post, we have forgotten how to properly "occupy" and subdue a conquered nation after we win the initial battles of conquest. We "civilized westerners" have lost the stomach for victory.

I can hear Patton now, speaking of Germany's defeat,,, What do you mean an "exit strategy"? Who said we were leaving?
6 January 2020, 18:57,
I wonder how different history would have played out if the Allies had followed Patton's advice to enlist the defeated Wehrmacht against Stain and to keep going beyond Berlin to "kill all those starving heathen commie bastards while the have The Bomb and enough of an Army do do it with..."

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
9 January 2020, 00:53,
Observations re Sulemani and all the wailing....

I’m fairly sanguine about the prospects. Trump seems to be on the right track and is getting decent advice from somewhere.

The Persians are complicated and smart. Their national myth goes back to Darius and the Great Persian Empire. Crafty folks with a good sense of timing. They know better than to start a stand up gun fight after their bitter experience fighting Saddam in the 80s.

Best option for the US is containment. No need for further punitive measures like economic sanctions or anything like that. Just dust off the NSC 68 and update it for current economic flows and security interests. The guys who won WW2 weren’t stupid. No need to reinvent the wheel.

We can and should engage in old school tradecraft vspy vs spy and targeted killing of Persian terrorists and sleeper agents.
It keeps their attention, makes the consequences very real, and is loads of fun for the young warriors carrying the spear.

Today’s rocket attack in IZ and yesterday’s on al Asad are little cause for concern. As always, watch the other hand. These events were obviously a baited ambush to goad POTUS into making a rash mistake. Trump passed the test.

Stand by for Act 3. Will it be a drama, a comedy or a trajedy?

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
1 February 2021, 18:33,
(5 January 2020, 18:38)Straight Shooter Wrote: ..I have to ask the question Does Donny really know what he's doing..

Well Trump befriended Putin and Kim Jong-un and was in line for the Nobel Peace Prize, so that can't be bad.
Should be interesting to see how Biden does over the next 4 years..Smile
1 February 2021, 23:26,
(1 February 2021, 18:33)Mick Wrote: ....
Should be interesting to see how Biden does over the next 4 years..Smile

Biden is a gutless wimp and an appeaser. His first year in office will be a repeat of the disastrous John Kerry and Hillary Clinton brand of foreign policy, which will be interpreted by our enemies as a sign of weakness.

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
2 February 2021, 00:03,
(1 February 2021, 23:26)CharlesHarris Wrote: Biden is a gutless wimp and an appeaser. His first year in office will be a repeat of the disastrous John Kerry and Hillary Clinton brand of foreign policy, which will be interpreted by our enemies as a sign of weakness.

Thanks, I know zilch about US politics and have been trying to analyse the final results map below, for example CA, AZ and NM didn't seem to want Don and his wall, so don't they mind illegals coming across or what?
And amazingly NY rejected Don even though NY is his home town!
And what happened with Georgia to make them plump for Biden?

[Image: 2020-results-Dec-2020.jpg]