Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What we should know "Virus" and be doing.
30 March 2020, 03:30,
RE: What we should know "Virus" and be doing.
OK Nemo, here is the real question.

Other than sticking your hands in the air, running in circles and squealing like a little girl what are you doing in a positive light that you can share?

You planting a crop?
Hardening you home against the expected Golden Horde?
Training you dog to catch rats? Rat and ramen makes a good meal!
Got any recipes to stretch the supplies or make bland survival foods taste better?
If the world goes to hell, your part of it anyway, what is your plan?

You see me and SS and SD, Talon and Mary and a few others came here and started working on this thing several years back. Our situations and planning might not be perfect but they are present and better than most and panic, overreacting and doing bat crap crazy stuff is not part of the plan we put in place long, long ago.

The people in the cities can roam at night and smear snot on the car doors all they want, I don't care! They can riot and rampage and burn car tires in the street and shout and protest, I don't care. You live in a city or built up area and that is the price you pay, exposure to infection during an epidemic, and possible victimization during social unrest. That is the trade off urban dwellers made to get the goodies they consider important.

In fact, you can not fathom the depth of my uncaring. I am the ultimate uncaring SOB when it comes to urbanites.

The urban/suburban areas of the entire world have been a cesspool for centuries and this virus, nor any other, will make a big enough dent in them to really matter.

If I get this infection I will consider it happening because my preperation planning failed and I had to leave the security of my haven to get one of the necessities I allowed myself to run out of stock on.

Fortunately I chose a place to live that is rural and isolated. I am 30 miles from the closest case of CV, so far, and I am not going anywhere to find one.

I have food, water and meds to last a good long time.

I have enough land to plant and so do my neighbors if it becomes necessary. I also have something you never dreamed of,,,

I have the right to protect my life, and my property, with deadly force.

Snot on my door handle, I don't think so.
31 March 2020, 01:15,
The following from email forwarded by Irene Ken, MD, whose daughter is an Asst. Prof. in infectious diseases at Johns Hopkins University. I further sent it for review to a former classmate, Dr. Charles Hagedorn, Professor Emeritus of Environmental Microbiology, Dept. of Crop and Soil Environmental Sciences, Virginia Tech (VPI & SU). He pronounced it excellent and the information "spot-on." You can consider this as reliable.

* COVID19 is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.

* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.

* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.

* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

* Any mix with 1 part householod bleach (containing not less than 5% of sodium hypochlorite) and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.

* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.

* NO BACTERICIDE SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with antibiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.

* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, because it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates. 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.

* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness.

Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.

* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.

* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.

* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.

* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.

* LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! (check the label to verify yours is not less than 65% alcohol).

* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.

* This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.

* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better.

* Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
31 March 2020, 03:27,
CORRECTION to above post, info received from another reviewer:

There are a couple inconsistencies with the info. This virus does not contain DNA. It is single-stranded RNA (ribo and not deoxyribonucleic acid), and transfers genetic codes from nucleus to ribosomes to make proteins.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4369385/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK554776/

This is important, as RNA requires a higher dose of UVC light than DNA to break down when sanitizing masks, etc.

Also, Listerine is not 65% alcohol. It is 26.9%, not adequate to sanitizing.
https://www.listerine.com/mouthwash/anti...ngredients

However, full cask strength 151 proof rum (or Everclear) will do the job, at some added expense.

Contrary to the info below, "pure" hydrogen peroxide is not needed to deactivate the coronavirus.

Readily available, industrial 30% strength can do this in 5 minutes (see EPA Registration Number 70627-78 and others).

https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registrati...sars-cov-2

This percentage is not good for hand-washing, as it can still burn skin and bleach hair...

I don't know who put out this info, but it would not pass normal peer-review at Hopkins based on these inconsistencies.

You might want to forward a portion of my email (including the web links) to prevent any misunderstanding.

The rest of it looks reasonable, but then, I'm just an RF engineer..

73, Steve NB3O

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
31 March 2020, 09:02,
Thank you Charles.
31 March 2020, 18:25,
Just wondering,

Does anyone know anyone that is sick.

I mean other than some person reported on the news, the bloke someone heard about in the next village, or the nephew's girlfriend's dog's pen pal in Nigeria.

We have any spouses, "partners", close work mates or next door neighbors that are sick?
31 March 2020, 18:51,
I don't know anybody who is sick or even suspected of having the virus.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
31 March 2020, 20:02,
No me neither. I don't think anyone in my village has caught it either .At least I haven't heard of anyone .Certainly no family or friends.I'm not on Facebook or social media so I may not be the best informed.
31 March 2020, 21:53,
No , only hearsay .....as I posted some weeks back .
1 April 2020, 02:38,
Seems like if this is a world wide pandemic, and civilization as we know it has been closed, I should know someone that is sick!

That might change, but there are some funny numbers being thrown about that are being highly sensationalized.

Like the fact that you folks in the UK lost twice as many people to auto accidents last year as CV has taken. No shut down of the roads?

And the huge number of 1200 people that have died so far is % .00001 of your total population.

In 2016 you had more than 9000 alcohol related deaths, and you consider liquor a survival prep!
1 April 2020, 09:20,
MB, while we are All looking at figures and comparisons .....and not making any sense of any of them....there is a simple explanation .....there is no sense ! Particularly when images are flashed all over our television screens to reinforce the main media narrative ......come look over here for a while ! , The common factor here is ( GLOBAL ) ...Banking systems central banks in particular......debt , they have lost control....there is no way out other than default they can print all they like but once confidence is lost in paper and ink .....it all comes tumbling down....there Has to be a reset ( Globally ) ......Corvid 19 is just a vehicle ( a attention getter ) for us to keep ourselves occupied whilst our freedoms, food, and movements are taken from us with the minimum of fuss from us, Five G will be the icing on ...not our cake.....their cake sprinkled with hundreds and thousands ......so to make sense of it.....when we start hearing on the news channels .....all our problems and tribulations were caused by this virus .....I lost my job , I lost my business , I lost my home ,I lost a family member , we have no food , we have no medications , in fact we are all living in cardboard boxes in the middle of the M4 motorway and have f..k all....except the police asking us for our kind co,operation at these difficult times, and move over the the grass verge so that the nice police car can have right of passage......or we could do it the hard way !.......

Take time have a look at the financial markets, stock markets , they ( the banks ) have just increased the amount on your credit card ( tap n go ) to £45.00 .....( cash dirty corona virus ) Didital money is coming next .....they will have us totally by the bollocks then.......game over .....other than the chip injected into your hand ....no more plastic card required .......What ! ......and you think I,m nuts !