Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What we should know "Virus" and be doing.
6 April 2020, 16:18,
RE: What we should know "Virus" and be doing.
Seems to me that in a land where everyone is photographed 25 times before they get from their door to their vehicle you would have to be pretty dumb to try and pull something like that off. It would bring an instant assault charge over here and if the person was infected the possibility of an attempted murder charge, and they are charging people.

Instead of posting a video they should have found out what delivery service brought the package, who delivered it, where he is right now, how soon is he going to be fired and when will the warrant for assault be served.

The other option is that it is a set up situation made by some hate group trying to start a race war.

The third thought is, what? You are not sanitizing your entry way during a plague?

Every person should assume that every delivery, package and letter they receive carries contamination and they should take appropriate steps. You do not have to be the victim of a "radical religious movement", just a delivery guy with a sick kid. Disinfecting every parcel and letter is one step, the other is washing your hands often and definitely every time you step out the door.

Spraying your entryway and publicly exposed surfaces with disinfectant or a bleach/water will do it if you are out of commercial spray.

The last though I have is,,,what do you expect anyone here to do about it? You have your hands in the upright position and are running in a circle again. There is possibly some squealing going on.

One of the aspects of this situation that is so difficult for most people is the resignation to the fact that they have no control over anything they once thought they controlled, or that all of their planning was wrong.

You do not have control over anyone. If you go out or let stuff come in you are exposed. Take appropriate precautions.
6 April 2020, 17:39,
I am only raising awareness, because we are in a pandemic, your points are valid and I have already raised them in this thread.

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
6 April 2020, 21:08,
Just in …...Boris is in intensive care !
9 April 2020, 22:34,
Here is a strange thing, my brother in law was taken into hospital Tuesday morning 9:30am had been coughing all week and had a temperature so we have now been told, by 2pm we are told its not covid 19 but pneumonia.

So roll on today around midday we are told he was tested for covid 19 and it's now come back positive, so my wifes sister I guess in shock asked so that means he has it, and the doctor said, "They couldn't say if he had it" how strange is that, or is it a case of the test for pneumonia triggers a positive on the covid 19 test whatever the bottom line the doctor could not give an answer as to this situation.
9 April 2020, 22:42,
They are having a problem with the tests world wide.

The tests will show positive for any crona strain, which includes some varieties of the common cold.

CV19 is just one of many.

The tests are returning about %30 false positives. That is where the "asymptomatic cases" are being declared. You tested positive so you must have it but you are not sick so you are just a "carrier". In reality the test was a false positive and you have nothing.

Your doctor is just being honest. If they got a negative, then a positive he could have it or he might not.
10 April 2020, 14:49,
Ok today we have an update from a different doctor, this time we got the correct information, yes he had been tested for Covid 19 and it was positive, but they think he is getting over it or at end of it, The Tests Do Work, I guess they determine the symptoms as a measure when doing them.

The first doctor said he will be home in four days, but the doctor today said that’s not going to happen as he had a head scan which has shown an abnormality in this case a stroke, but again they don’t know when he even had that, but he won’t be home in four days he will get full body scan and other tests, to find out what’s going on with him.

At least this shows that hospitals are not so overwhelmed that they can’t treat others, and due to the way the media is covering all this you would have thought this was not the case right.

As for the first doctor just useless, he just could not explain his comment “he is positive but could not say if he has it” we are talking Tottenham here so I assume this was maybe a language issue.

13 April 2020, 19:04,
Skip the anti-Trump commentary and go down to about the middle of the link where you can see the three plans listed.

Note different political learnings but all advocate widespread testing and contact tracing. Where are the resources to do this?

Contact tracing requires a lot of gum shoe work or at least phone calls. Public health agencies have not recovered from funding reductions back to the 2008 recession.

While the first two models are similar and will lead to gradual opening of society, I just don't see it happening in the near future. Even a phased reopening without widespread testing and tracing will lead to disaster.

https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2020/04...it/164556/?

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
14 April 2020, 16:08,
From an anonymous UPS delivery driver...

5 types of customers since the “rona”:

1) Steve:

He has been waiting for this moment his whole life. He has been drinking boilermakers since 10:00 am in his recliner and his AR is within arms reach. He has 6 months provisions in the basement and a bug out bag due west buried in the woods. Steve demands a handshake as I give him his package. He’s sizing me up as I deliver his ammo.

Steve will survive this, and he will kill you if he needs to.

2) Brad:

He is standing at his window wearing skinny jeans and a Patagonia t-shirt. He is mad because there were no organic tomatoes at Whole Foods today. He points at the ground where he has taped a 6 ft no go zone line from his porch. I leave his case of Fuji water, organic granola bites, and his new “Bernie Bro” hat at the tape.

Brad will not survive.
Steve will probably eat him.

3) Nancy:

She has sprayed everything with Thieves oil. Bought all the Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, meat, and bread from the local grocery chain. She has quarantined her kids and sprays them with a mixture of thieves, lavender, & mint essential oils daily. She has posted every link known to man about “The Rona” on her social media. She will spray you if you break the 6 ft rule. I will leave her yet another case of toilet paper.

She will last longer than Brad, but not Steve.

4) Karen:

She has called everybody and read them the latest news on “The Rona”. She asked for the manager at Food Lion, Walmart, Publix, McDonalds, Chi-Fil-A, and Vons all before noon demanding more toilet paper. Karen’s kids are currently faking “The Rona” to avoid her. I’m delivering “Hello kitchen” to her.

Karen will not survive longer than Brad.

5) Mary:

Is sitting in the swing watching her kids have a water balloon fight in the front yard as she is on her fourth glass of wine. She went to the store and bought 2 cases of pop tarts, 6 boxes of cereal, 8 bags of pizza rolls, And a 6 roll pack of toilet paper. There is a playlist of Bob Marley, Pink Floyd, and Post Malone playing in the background. I’m bringing her second shipment of 15 bottles of wine in 3 days.

Mary will survive and marry Steve.
Together they will repopulate the earth.
May God have mercy on us all.
14 April 2020, 16:18,
(14 April 2020, 16:08)Mortblanc Wrote: Mary will survive and marry Steve.
Together they will repopulate the earth.
May God have mercy on us all.

Actually it sounds like a marriage made in heaven Smile .
14 April 2020, 19:16,
The UPs driver ....still not delivered my bloody seeds ! ?