Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting the kids ready
21 November 2011, 04:13,
Getting the kids ready
Kids need to learn self-defence both hand to hand combat and armed combat, I have 5 kids they all train they have not known life without training, most of my close friends train their kids as well it is just the way we were raised.

This is my best mate showing one of my boys some new moves.

This is 3 of my boys doing a bit of practice.

21 November 2011, 09:41,
RE: Getting the kids ready
I concur my son is currently learning karate and from that basic grounding I will teach him extra selected tactics from other martial arts. He has done an indepth archery course under the care of an EX SAS instructor, and I have taught him SAA.

25 November 2011, 02:22,
all my kids know karate and ju-jitsu and hold top end grades just perfecting really now mind we are 4 years down the line my youngest boy 4 grades from black belt just now learning ju-jitsu and the youngest girl is just 3 so i have to wait awhile for her they train 2-4 hrs 7 days a week and know how to use most japanesse weapons and have fired and handle guns (Licenced) bows crossbows and how to imporvise armed and unarmed combat is well drilled in their heads with many moves from different styles my whole 27 years know how goes in in think everyone should learn it could save your life now never mind teotwaski
to win the war, you must be willing to die
25 November 2011, 04:30,
(25 November 2011, 02:22)grumpy old man Wrote: think everyone should learn it could save your life now never mind teotwaski

My thoughts exactly.

26 November 2011, 15:39,
I made sure mine went through the basics. They didn't want to continue but when I was in charge they had a few interesting hobbies.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 May 2021, 00:13,
I used to pal about with a lib mum from school and the nippers would play together. My nipper is Autistic, and when younger had anger outbursts; the other lib nippers did not have these challenges. My nipper was a handful at times.
I asked him if he wanted to learn to sword fight. He said yes and we got Bokken - no pads as you learn faster. He'd have no problem handling a Katana now. He also uses his own hunting knife and can start fires with it - the Lib kids? I'd be surprised if they can butter bread.
The lib mum would not allow her son (? it was a tad soy) to even have a plastic pop gun toy, and she used to enthuse about how amazingly smart he is. I think she pitied me for having my son and thought him deficient.
My nipper? Shooting a recurve bow with accuracy at age 9. Is 100% on fire arm safety and has used my own legally owned weapons on our land - hits the target and nothing else - every single time. A family member taught Royal Marine Snipers how to shoot and yeah, we know our shit.
All anger outbursts disappeared when we began sword fighting. He has no aggressive tendency and dislikes death (we raise baby birds and they don't all make it - nature) and would never go looking for trouble. He is also the first to forgive, even when he didn't cause the problem. He has a heart of gold.
That said, his accuracy with ranged weapons is rivalling mine - my eyes are going now - and with time he will eclipse me hand to hand or with bladed weapons, which is what I pray for DAILY. I'm old now - I know stuff - my mind is razor but my flesh has had too many battles to be tip-top, also I am not so flexible as I used to be. My nipper has flexibility that many yoga masters would envy.
So who do I want on my side? A genius who can get an Oxbrige PHd in "vaginal screaming" (I made that up hopefully) but cannot hold a pen knife, or my 'autistic' son who has my back from range and can shoot past my ear with centimetres to spare and can also stand by my side and go hand to hand?
Well, there really is no contest is there? My money is on my nipper.
Teach your nippers to be as fierce as f and then show them how to dial it back and discuss when it is okay to let it 100% off the chain. That way no child ever has to be scared or to feel afraid.