Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do ?
26 April 2020, 09:28,
What would you do ?
You receive a unexpected windfall of £10,000 cash ....Wow ! ......what would you do with it ? ( it would have to be used on your preps or related to it ) .
To take a look back in times past, its easy to see future direction you need to be.
26 April 2020, 11:42,
RE: What would you do ?
Throw it in the air and shout yippee? Pay off any outstanding debts and then stock up on needed items.
I don’t want to hear my neighbour but I want to see the smoke of their chimney.
26 April 2020, 16:30,
Paying off debt is part of prepping, yes it is.

I have little of that, so I would probably apply it to some solar panels and a battery bank.

I could use another deep freeze too.

And another out building down at the end of the house.
26 April 2020, 20:18,
Now where shall I start ?. In order of priority.

First on the list, like MB, a smallish solar setup, about 2kw, panels, controller, battery bank, inverter and all wiring, will cost about £2,000 to £2,500.

Another shed, with a good solid floor, i would put two ibc’s in it, water problems solved permanently, and out of sight, and room for more storage shelving, all up about £800.

A new genny, diesel preferably due easier fuel storage and the number of places and businesses i could scavenge from. I have an old honda petrol genny i bought second hand four months ago (cost me £50) but a nice new shiny one would be good.

A better greenhouse would also be useful as would a couple of electric bikes or mopeds, or even a very old EMP proof diesel 4x4 (just to boast i’ve got one) Smile