Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leicester lockdown
5 February 2021, 22:41,
RE: Leicester lockdown
I live 50 yards from the Atlantic in Plymouth (my place circled) so apart from a nuke explosion at the naval base my main concern is a possible tsunami caused by a quake offshore or an asteroid splashing down. However I live on the 3rd floor of a small block of flats so hopefully my feet will stay dry..

[Image: Plym-sutt-ringed.png]
6 February 2021, 10:23,
yes the Barbican is a nice area , I lived more in the suburbs myself.
trouble with flats is going to be getting out after a serious event and getting food supplies, being where you are maybe you should learn to sail for an emergency?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 February 2021, 13:00,
I haven't been to Plymouth in years, great little city, do they still have the Aquarium?
6 February 2021, 13:10,
they did when I was living there, I think so I have heard remarks about it on the local tv news.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 February 2021, 01:57,
Yes the Aquarium is still there, and another big crowd-puller is a dolphin that sometimes puts in an appearance just offshore and is a tourist attraction.
Dolphs are supposed to be highly intelligent so I half expect to see it cruising up and down reciting Shakespeare to the onlookers lining the Hoe.
7 February 2021, 13:59,
there is a Seal hanging about around Teignmouth and Shaldon, its on FB nearly every day.
8 February 2021, 17:40,
(7 February 2021, 13:59)bigpaul Wrote: there is a Seal hanging about around Teignmouth and Shaldon, its on FB nearly every day.

I didn’t know Fray Bentos did seal pies Smile .