Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second wave
16 August 2020, 20:59,
RE: Second wave
I had a similar problem with corned beef a few years back .....out of date by several years .....I thought I would try it out on wild child first ......in the form of a sandwich ...I threw on some camo ....tomato and lettuce ......as I watched I realised it was in fact cat food I had opened ....oh dear ! As I watched she became frisky ....jumped on the window sill ....up and out the window....ran up the garden path......leaped onto the garage roof.....and nearly broke her neck trying to lick her arse.
16 August 2020, 21:59,
Up until recently I had some 30 year old Bacon Grill in tins from old ration packs. Still tasted fine fried with an egg.
Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
10 September 2020, 12:45,
I never noticed much difference apart from less cars and people around, not had any problems food or provisions wise. In fact if I'm honest the lack of people and peace & quiet has been quite nice. I don't watch TV or read any media so I'm not one of the perpetually frightened that seem to be running around like lost Sheep thinking the Black Death has returned.
18 September 2020, 19:49,
Well it’s here, Boris says so. I hope you all have stocked up for an other possible six months self isolation. What ever happens at least we know what to expect after the last six. Good Luck.
18 September 2020, 20:36,
Working for a supermarket that keeps separate produce for its staff in such situations I am very lucky in having a ready supply of new preps. They are however seeing increased heavy shopping within 20 mins of Boris’s announcement this evening. Dried and tinned goods were flying out the door at 300% above last weeks sales, no doubt toilet paper will follow shortly!

OTW
Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
18 September 2020, 20:58,
We have steadily been increasing our dried foods , and timed foods over the past months , we will be on the case tomorrow for the final blast of food (as they open the doors) and that will be us done , we will lock down again ! The dehydrator is in full swing wild child is sorting that out ! The only thing is the lpg gas bottles the guy that supplies us has not rang back .....(that was last Monday ) .......so it needs sorting .....I need a years supply .
18 September 2020, 21:16,
We haven't had any problems here, and apart from wearing masks in shops, nothing has changed for us. Just getting bored as hell reading about the whole farcical situation.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
19 September 2020, 00:14,
Over the last two months we’ve been steadily building up food stocks, dry and canned, buying the extra pack here, two for one there, usually special offers, not forgetting consumables like laundry detergent, disinfectant, bleach and rubbish bags etc. Buying this way you do not notice the extra expense.

Over the last few months i’ve built up a list of internet suppliers to fill any gaps in our preps. We should be ok for six months minimum self isolation, we are just waiting for our usual flu vaccine, should be anytime soon, then that’s it.
19 September 2020, 12:57,
Well that’s it then food wise ! All done .......even the butcher had a huge bulge in his jeans and apron ! ....every item on our list is ticked off ....only things to get is some timber studs , cement and odds n sods ......onwards ! .
19 September 2020, 17:23,
What a surprise, Saturday morning never seen the shops so quiet, Farm Foods, Iceland, only half a dozen customers in each, expected them to be rammed (if so we’d have turned back). Haven’t the sheeple heard Boris’s warning or don’t they believe it ?.

Well we’re all set, freezers pantry cupboards all groaning under the weight, we needn’t grocery shop till spring.

Oh bugger we’ve forgotten the Christmas turkey !.