Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leicester lockdown
19 August 2020, 00:13,
Leicester lockdown
We people in the southern U.S. have a term we refer too when irritated beyond acceptable limits called "chaps my @$$".

This article is a representative example and a prime reason why people eventually lose all faith in the ability of TPTB to make a legitimate judgement call.

This kind of thing really chaps my @$$!!! Do they have the ability to fine or penalize you folks for ignoring these ignorant, vague and capricious regulations?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-l...e-12051779
19 August 2020, 08:27,
RE: Leicester lockdown
Yes, MB, I am sure it seems illogical. However, Leicester has quite a high proportion of BAME folk, and their tendency to gather in large groups has been problematic. There are other cities in England that are having the same problems; they are also under lockdown in localized areas. (Shrug!).
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
1 February 2021, 18:28,
I was born in Leicester and lived there most of my life until I decided to get out 20 years ago.
2 February 2021, 12:10,
what made you come south Mick? and to a city?
the same city I left the same time you left Leicester!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 February 2021, 21:01,
(2 February 2021, 12:10)bigpaul Wrote: what made you come south Mick? and to a city?
the same city I left the same time you left Leicester!

My sister and her two daughters moved to Plymouth many years ago but I hung around in Leicester with my elderly mam, then when she died in 1999 my sister said "come down to Plymouth now there's nothing to keep you in Leicester", so I packed a rucksack in May '02 and hopped on me bike to cycle the 240 miles to Plymouth over the next few days.
But i took ill about halfway (underactive thyroid made me feel like a sluggish cold-blooded reptile) so i donated my bike to a charity shop in Cheltenham and hopped on a National Express coach the rest of the way.
BTW, I've discovered it's always warmer in Plymouth than in the rest of Britain because the city is lapped by the warm waters of the gulf stream coming up from the caribbean, it soon helped cure my thyroid because i could bask on warm rocks along the seafront..Smile

PS- here's a couple of webcam pics I took 5 minutes apart last month, Plymouth Hoe (half a mile from my home) is warm and sunny but Dartmoor 17 miles away in the other pic is snowed in, as were some other areas of Britain-

[Image: cam-hoe.jpg]

[Image: cam-dart.jpg]
3 February 2021, 10:01,
its always warmer on the south coast, and in a city its warmer still because of all the buildings, the concrete retains the heat.
I lived in the city for 40 years, man and boy, I left in 1999 when I remarried, I now live north of the moors.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 February 2021, 21:21,
And interestingly that Dartmoor webcam is at 1200 feet altitude, and as temperature drops with altitude it'd explain why the moor retains its snow longer than lower locations.

PS- here's a link to my favourite weather map-
https://www.xcweather.co.uk/

And here's a typical January temperature screenshot I took a couple of years ago, the southwest is a balmy greeny-yellowish 11 degrees, then the temp drops through shades of green the further north you go and goes below freezing (icy blue) up in Scotland.
The moral for survivalists is that we should look at temp maps when deciding where to bug out to in a post-apoc world..Smile

[Image: XCW-weath-Jan-2020-11-plym-minus3-Aberdeen.jpg]
3 February 2021, 21:30,
Returning to the Leicester topic, Leicester University is currently in the news for being absurdly pol-correct, I think the whole city has become one big insane asylum..Smile

News quote-
" Leicester University denies it is dropping Chaucer for being 'too white' after proposing modules on race and sexuality instead
University courses featuring The Canterbury Tales and Beowulf are under threat
English department told of plans for a 'decolonised' curriculum via email
Leicester today moved to deny Chaucer course was axed for being 'too white'
But added that it wanted its teaching to cater to the students' own interests"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...osals.html
4 February 2021, 10:36,
(3 February 2021, 21:21)Mick Wrote: And interestingly that Dartmoor webcam is at 1200 feet altitude, and as temperature drops with altitude it'd explain why the moor retains its snow longer than lower locations.

PS- here's a link to my favourite weather map-
https://www.xcweather.co.uk/

And here's a typical January temperature screenshot I took a couple of years ago, the southwest is a balmy greeny-yellowish 11 degrees, then the temp drops through shades of green the further north you go and goes below freezing (icy blue) up in Scotland.
The moral for survivalists is that we should look at temp maps when deciding where to bug out to in a post-apoc world..Smile

[Image: XCW-weath-Jan-2020-11-plym-minus3-Aberdeen.jpg]
obviously the further North one travels the colder it gets, its colder in say Northumberland than it is in Devon,the last really cold winter down here was 1963 I remember seeing the Army drop Hay to the ponies on the moor from helicopters.
our winters seem to be getting warmer and warmer, temperatures post SHTF wont be an issue in a few years time.
4 February 2021, 15:57,
(4 February 2021, 10:36)bigpaul Wrote: .........obviously the further North one travels the colder it gets, its colder in say Northumberland than it is in Devon,the last really cold winter down here was 1963 I remember seeing the Army drop Hay to the ponies on the moor from helicopters.
our winters seem to be getting warmer and warmer, temperatures post SHTF wont be an issue in a few years time.

Judging from the way our weather appears to be going we can expect very dry summers, verging on drought, and very wet winters bringing floods, and the occasional short lived snow storm.