Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many people can land support?
6 February 2021, 16:32,
RE: How many people can land support?
farming during the war was still a commercial venture, they were still trying to feed the nation, post SHTF we will just be feeding ourselves. the masses dont have a clue about food or how it is produced so dont expect them to survive much less help anyone else.
have a look at "tales from the green valley" on youtube that will be nearer to the truth of life post SHTF.
also look at "permaculture" subjects, post collapse we wont be "farming" in the conventional sense, not in the UK anyway, without electricity, oil and fuel everything will be done by hand, forget ploughing, think raised beds and allotment gardening. how much fruit and veg does one person eat in a week? its less than most people think, meat can be supplied by smaller animals, not herds of cattle or sheep.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 February 2021, 02:35,
Regarding self-sufficient living, people did it (and still do in some parts of the world) for thousands of years, so if they could do it, so can we in a post-apoc scenario..Smile
One thing's for sure, we'd have a better chance of surviving in the country than in the cities, so we'll load up our van with tinned food, tools, seeds and other items and head on out to the Hall, ALL ABOARD..Smile

[Image: surv-grange.jpg]
7 February 2021, 11:30,
what van, I thought you didnt drive?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 February 2021, 13:45,
Video  RE: How many people can land support?
(7 February 2021, 11:30)bigpaul Wrote: what van, I thought you didnt drive?

There are many things I don't knowabout such as vehicles, guns, women etc but hopefully our survival group will have somebody who can teach us how to do that stuff.
Speaking of vehicles, we'll need to pick up an armoured car from a derelict army base for our foraging sorties into the cities, it could get rough in there..

https://youtu.be/CohiERYxYOo
7 February 2021, 13:46,
yeah right! another fantasist.
7 February 2021, 13:48,
what group? the one thats inside your head?
7 February 2021, 13:59,
(7 February 2021, 13:48)bigpaul Wrote: what group? the one thats inside your head?

I already lead an elite online wargaming group (below), I tell my boys "Stick with me if you want to live and always fight with your brain first and your weapons second".
The same doctrine will apply to my post-apoc survival group..

[Image: game-squad.jpg]
7 February 2021, 14:01,
an ONLINE gaming group? yes thought so. I rest my case. another armchair warrior.
7 February 2021, 14:19,
If wargames are good enough learning tools for the military they're good enough for me and all other survivalists..Smile

[Image: Wargames-mil-444.png]
7 February 2021, 14:23,
your no survivalist.