Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many people can land support?
8 February 2021, 12:44,
RE: How many people can land support?
I was wondering that too SS.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 February 2021, 13:08,
(8 February 2021, 10:30)bigpaul Wrote: tins in a fridge? now thats a waste of space.
a 3rd floor flat with no garden not far from the city centre isnt going to be survivable not in the long run.
but where would someone go and how? running for the hills isnt much of an option, sure any idiot can survive in the summertime but once the winter comes they'll be dropping like flies even in the mild South west of England.

I've been doing the rounds of the prepper/survival forums for the past 19 years under a variety of screennames engaging in countless debates and discussions, not only is it great fun, but I've picked up (and given) some useful info on the way.
For example I keep my fridge switched OFF because tinned food doesn't like things too cold.

As for surviving in a post-apoc world, it depends what type of apoc it is of course, but one things for sure in a HARDCORE post-apoc scenario- If you stay in the cities you're a dead duck for sure because you can't plant seeds in concrete..Smile
That's why we'll move out to a deserted country house like I outlined earlier in this awesome thread and name it 'Apocalypse Hall'.
Below- the veg plot behind the Hall-

[Image: Doom-veg.jpg]
8 February 2021, 13:13,
(8 February 2021, 12:19)Straight Shooter Wrote: I am Intrigued Mick ! So when the fridge is empty where you going to toddle off to ? .......um Mick are you sure you’r in the right place ? Not meant to be nasty or throw away remark but this is after all a survival forum....but I love the pictures in your posts though .

Check your monitor display settings mate, you must have missed my sensational posts about 'Apocalypse Hall' on the first few pages of this stunning thread..Smile
8 February 2021, 13:21,
(8 February 2021, 10:30)bigpaul Wrote: ..sure any idiot can survive in the summertime but once the winter comes they'll be dropping like flies even in the mild South west of England.

Good thinking mate, that's what happened to these characters in 'Stargate Universe' who shuttled down to a lush fertile planet in summer and decided to stay permanently and start a settlement (despite knowing that the winters would be very cold) and they started building flimsy shelters-

[Image: SGU-srs-1-epi-13-Faith.jpg]

Then winter hit them before they were prepared, and they couldn't shuttle back to the orbiting mothership because it'd gone forever..

[Image: SGU-Faith-Visitation.jpg]

SPOILER ALERT- they sought refuge from the blizzards in the shuttle but their food soon ran out and they popped their clogs with starvation and hypothermia.
8 February 2021, 14:01,
(8 February 2021, 13:13)Mick Wrote:
(8 February 2021, 12:19)Straight Shooter Wrote: I am Intrigued Mick ! So when the fridge is empty where you going to toddle off to ? .......um Mick are you sure you’r in the right place ? Not meant to be nasty or throw away remark but this is after all a survival forum....but I love the pictures in your posts though .

Check your monitor display settings mate, you must have missed my sensational posts about 'Apocalypse Hall' on the first few pages of this stunning thread..Smile
is that a real place or just some library pictures?
shelters are okay for a few days bushcrafting but come the winter you'll need something more solid.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 February 2021, 14:10,
(8 February 2021, 14:01)bigpaul Wrote: is that a real place or just some library pictures?
shelters are okay for a few days bushcrafting but come the winter you'll need something more solid.

After the Apoc there'll be big country houses all over Britain, so we'll simply find one, give the previous owners a decent burial, move in and call it Apocalypse Hall.
Below- Greg teaches the kids how to fish-

[Image: Survs-the-grange-fish-1.jpg]
8 February 2021, 14:15,
your basing your survival on a BBC fiction series? the original series was bad enough but the updated series with all its pc rubbish was laughable.
the reason a lot of these big houses were given over to the National Trust is because they were so expensive to run and maintain, and they are rambling and large and most do not have central heating or wells, once the power goes off they are cold, dark and dry.
8 February 2021, 14:27,
(8 February 2021, 14:15)bigpaul Wrote: your basing your survival on a BBC fiction series? the original series was bad enough but the updated series with all its pc rubbish was laughable.
the reason a lot of these big houses were given over to the National Trust is because they were so expensive to run and maintain, and they are rambling and large and most do not have central heating or wells, once the power goes off they are cold, dark and dry.

Nah, here's the hall's candlelit living room with its roaring log fire..Smile-

[Image: Doom-living-room.jpg]

And one of the candlelit bedrooms-

[Image: Doom-bed.jpg]

The kitchen-

[Image: hall-kitchen.jpg]

The candlelit dining room-

[Image: doom-dinner.jpg]
8 February 2021, 14:30,
your living in fantasy land, I'll not waste any more time on you, your going to be dead along with the other 256,000 living in Plymouth once the power grid shuts down, the water main stops flowing, the filling stations are empty and the delivery trucks stop coming.
8 February 2021, 14:37,
(8 February 2021, 14:30)bigpaul Wrote: your living in fantasy land, I'll not waste any more time on you, your going to be dead along with the other 256,000 living in Plymouth once the power grid shuts down, the water main stops flowing, the filling stations are empty and the delivery trucks stop coming.

Yup, that's why we'll be out at the Hall whooping it up like this survival group are doing by lamplight at their own Hall, they're happy because they know the old overpopulated rat-racing world has gone for ever and doesn't matter any more..Smile

https://youtu.be/ST9aGEhScxE