Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bug OUt Caravan
19 February 2021, 15:14,
RE: The Bug OUt Caravan
unless you own the property you are bugging out to, you are a Refugee and will probably get moved on as soon as you arrive.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 February 2021, 17:24,
Good points LS and MB , this covid has certainly forced a rethink for most preppers , and let’s face it a caravan is no real solution for bugging out wtshtf ( unless you get out way before ) even then you will have to have some land to go to and own it or your friend or relatives do, so how good do we think we are too judge such a time to GO ? Not withstanding the hordes that will surely follow ....let alone the locals ....hard is’nt it , I have looked for ground for years ......but not managed it yet within my price range and even then if I get somewhere that is just the start of it.

My caravan would do the job for us if we could get there early enough but like most the reluctance to leave would be strong enough confuse or delay the decision to GO NOW .....given all the work and preps in situ ...that could well develope into our undoing having to leave it all behind....or most of it.......no matter what the BOV is or what timing we use, it will be very difficult times and very dangerous but we can’t just do nothing ! And roll over .....we need a new plan based on what we have seen going on right now and what’s following on in the coming weeks , and don’t be hanging about getting it done.
19 February 2021, 19:32,
Is there really any point in bugging out in the UK?? I would prefer to stay put in an area and circumstances I am familiar with.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
19 February 2021, 20:36,
Whilst I can very much agree Mary , if we end up with that option being taken from us what then ? Move on somewhere else die in the attempt or where we finally end up ? Not forgetting we would try to defend the homestead in the first instance which might end it all there and then ....but at least we know the area and where we have stashes hidden ....a fighting chance ! .
19 February 2021, 20:47,
I totally agree on the Cold reception you might get on bugging out, I follow a few Van Lifer channels on You Tube and those guys got a hard time.
However it might depend on the event.
Nuclear melt down - bugging out is a no brainer.
Pandemic - you might be better bugging in.
House fire - you're bugged out.
Major long term snow storm - bugging in is a no brainer.
Mass inner city riots - bug out early.
20 February 2021, 09:58,
I bugged out from a city 21 years ago, I am as far out into the British countryside as far as I can get without going full wild man of the woods.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 February 2021, 14:21,
(19 February 2021, 15:09)Mortblanc Wrote: I think what LS was referring to is the fact that the first thing that will happen in a crisis from this point forward is a lockdown.

All travel will be suspended to control the movement of population and "bugging out" will be impossible.

Not to mention the reaction of locals has been exactly what I have been warning for the past 8 years. Every square inch of land is owned by someone and they don't want you squatting on their property.

Unless you own the property you are bugging out to, and leave before the law closes down travel you are not going anywhere, and/or you will not last long when you get there.

Exactly MB. In any crisis we can now see that the authorities will control movement very early on. Even if one chooses to ignore this, opportunistic bugging out to a location that you do not own will simply not work.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

23 February 2021, 14:36,
Well for many years now my status is Bugged in at the Bug Out.

Coincidentally(?) so are MaryB, BP, MB, SS.

There are very few circumstances that will force a GO decision upon us. For everything else we'd defend until we drop.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

23 February 2021, 17:41,
there has been a plan by the UK govt since the late 80s and to my knowledge it is still valid.
in any major national or international event, if the UK government survives then they will take command of all the major roads, motorways and all main A roads, and shut them to civilian traffic, thats motor vehicles, bicycles even walkers, and there will be check points for those that dont obey.
anyone who wants to leave will have to find alternative routes on less travelled roads which will make any journey twice as long if not more. which will make leaving any large city difficult if not downright impossible.
like the pandemic govt might enforce a stay at home law only more so with a permanent curfew.
23 February 2021, 19:44,
It probably depends on the event, look back at historical disasters and bugging out was the way to go, Fukushima for example. Or better still California and Australia wild fires. Or what about mass inner city riots ?
Plus moving fast is key, better to be on the road early with a false alarm than being too late and stuck in a 25 mile traffic jam.
On the other hand if you see bugging out as pointless then there’s no point in adapting a van for that purpose.