• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiation Monitoring
14 February 2021, 21:44,
Radiation Monitoring
Do you monitor for radiation?
Do you have the capability to monitor.
I currently use a Radex 1503 and I also keep and eye on the radiation network
http://radiationnetwork.com/index.htm

In the event of a meltdown I would be monitoring levels and present wind direction https://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Is this on your prep list ?
15 February 2021, 09:35,
RE: Radiation Monitoring
Yes I have a monitor, it’s a Russian job , it’s in the box along with instructions for use , I have not used it yet joe .
15 February 2021, 10:26,
no I dont, I figure a nuclear war or explosion isnt survivable and radiation poisoning is a horrible way to die.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 February 2021, 19:57,
I would say the chances of a Nuclear plant incident is relatively high up the scale, lets not forget Windscale. To add to my concern I have a local plant apx 40 miles away whose graphite core is well out of spec.
Granted a nuclear bomb is a slightly more complex issue, you would be looking to be on a boat heading south before that balloon goes up.
Additionally Fukushima was a very interesting case,a chain of events working in tandem to provide a serious meltdown and reactor breech. Yes nuclear plants in general are pretty safe but how would they cope with a major super storm ? Could you lose the two HV supplies to the site ? Possibly. Could you lose the onsite generator ? Possibly.
In fact the Japan event taught us more about the importance of a full tank of fuel when it comes to leaving Dodge in a hurry.
16 February 2021, 09:50,
thats the reason we left Glastonbury 11 years ago and moved back home to Devon, when they decided to build a 3rd reactor at Hinckley point.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.