Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you Prepping for.
28 June 2021, 21:03,
RE: What are you Prepping for.
Skean you’re partially correct. If it’s a major event then yes the lights will go out for a lot of people but the power companies have plans in place and back up systems to keep critical systems supported.
I know from experience during every major storm in Scotland the only people you tend to see on the roads are the power engineers, fire brigade and myself, everyone with a brain is keeping their heads down.
So short of a nuclear event there is a lot of people you don’t see who prevent the country going back to the stone ages.
I suspect few people are aware how much infrastructure is damaged during a very large storm and the massive effort to restore things.
Add to that most critical buildings have generator back up, so things can tick over as long as they are refuelled.
29 June 2021, 08:09,
your thinking too linear too straight Joe, in a SHTF event , many people wont report for work if it affects their health or the health of their families, families come first always will.
back up systems that involve generators will be short lived, only lasting as long as the fuel does.
and stop thinking stone age, it may come to that after a couple of generations post collapse but mostly it will be a pre industrial lifestyle one without machines all physical labour.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 June 2021, 09:19,
I think a lot of people think too short time, short period of SHTF then everything gets back to normal.
but what if the new "normal" is nothing like the new normal that went before?
what if everything is turned on its head and people have to start thinking for themselves? what if your very survival depended on your personal actions not some operative in a far away place pulling a switch? what then?
prepping is about personal responsibilty not what others do.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 June 2021, 09:59,
Totally agree BP .......it’s All about what We do for ourselves total self reliance .....no question ! .......this is why we are on this forum.....and stay on this forum for all the views of others the strengthen ours .
29 June 2021, 13:48,
Joe, A storm is a singular event that will be over soon and these people have planned for cover. I don't see it being the same if there was anything significant going on.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
31 August 2021, 18:56,
The last few weeks I have been prepping both emotionally and spiritually in case the very worst case scenario actually plays out in real tine and the 70ish% (can we believe any official number) have drastic negative outcomes.
1 September 2021, 11:28,
70%? where did that come from.
preppers are less than 1% of the UK population.