2 March 2021, 18:34,
RE: What are you Prepping for.
7. Inner city riots
8. Nuclear plant failure
3 March 2021, 01:13,
(2 March 2021, 18:34)Joe Wrote: 7. Inner city riots
8. Nuclear plant failure

Very vague terms Joe. You don't prep for them, you move away from them!
3 March 2021, 11:24,
both are dangerous locations and no one in their right minds should be living there, especially not preppers.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 March 2021, 15:00,
Well if you live in the Central belt of Scotland then you cannot avoid the very high threat from a certain nuclear plant on the west coast of Ayrshire which is outside it graphite core tolerance as we speak.
So it’s not vague Mort, I am highlighting the potentially threats that exist. You simply can’t move away from it. I am probably more than 40 miles from it but it has the potential to affect 80% of the population.
3 March 2021, 15:32,
we lived 15 miles from Hinckley Point power station in Somerset, when they decided to build reactor C we moved back home to Devon, that was 11 years ago.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 May 2021, 13:14,
(3 March 2021, 15:00)Joe Wrote: Well if you live in the Central belt of Scotland then you cannot avoid the very high threat from a certain nuclear plant on the west coast of Ayrshire which is outside it graphite core tolerance as we speak.
So it’s not vague Mort, I am highlighting the potentially threats that exist. You simply can’t move away from it. I am probably more than 40 miles from it but it has the potential to affect 80% of the population.

Very true. If a meltdown occurred, it would only take a light breeze and some rain and the entire country could be contaminated to varying degrees.
25 May 2021, 13:19,
(19 February 2021, 23:27)Joe Wrote: I have to be honest, I don't expect to be hit with a death ray or for ET to invade and take over the World, I tend to be a bit more boring and look back in history and see what threats we have faced in the past because we all know history repeats itself.
So what do you see as the main threats ? Add one at a time.

1. Pandemic

Today I am prepping for the 10 earthbound c-class solar flares which should be with us some time tomorrow. All I'm doing is copying information from the internet in case the power goes down. They are unlikely to do any damage but the weather may get a bit rough again like it did a couple of days ago when the 2 M-class flares hit us.
For everyone's reference: the Sun's total baseline output has risen and is the equivalent of a B-class flare currently.
25 May 2021, 13:29,
I dont prep FOR anything, I prep to survive it and come out the other side, I prep not for the event itself but what comes after.
25 May 2021, 15:56,
(25 May 2021, 13:29)bigpaul Wrote: I dont prep FOR anything, I prep to survive it and come out the other side, I prep not for the event itself but what comes after.

I love this and you are quite right - prep for all eventualities and you cannot go far wrong. I do this too.
I try to keep up on situational awareness (as best as any of us can, right?) which is why I referred to the flares. They may bring heavy weather in some parts, might cause a few volcanoes to pop in other parts ... ost of us know how to cook when the power is off and so we're all set. =D
25 May 2021, 16:48,
Yep I am keeping a eye too Ajax !