Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nuclear War
30 May 2021, 08:44,
RE: Nuclear War
in a nuclear war nobody wins we all lose.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 May 2021, 20:14,
Ajax, Not true. We control our own platforms and we control the codes. We offer some of our warheads to NATO but the rest are ours.

What we don't have is the launch vehicles they are owned by the US but as they are in our subs unless they request them back formally and as contract they won't get them.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
31 May 2021, 10:16,
all out nuclear war would not only see the extermination of humans but wipe out all life on the planet, plant and animal.
for that reason I have never been in favour of nuclear weapons, its just an accident waiting to happen.
the one event I do not prepare for is nuclear war its just not surviveable.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 June 2021, 01:46,
My greatest objection to nuclear weapons is that TPTB will not let me have one of my own.

I feel it is arbitrary and discrimnatory. I have a lifetime of proof that I am more sensible and rational than almost all of the present people that have access to such things!
1 June 2021, 02:01,
(30 May 2021, 20:14)Skean Dhude Wrote: Ajax, Not true. We control our own platforms and we control the codes. We offer some of our warheads to NATO but the rest are ours.

What we don't have is the launch vehicles they are owned by the US but as they are in our subs unless they request them back formally and as contract they won't get them.

You also have a fleet of planes that are delivery capable as well as the ground to ground tactical missiles of the military. Some of those missiles, equal to the V2 rockets of WW2, are equal to mid range nuke delivery devices.

During the 1950s NATO, meaning also Britain, had a a device known as the Davy Crocket, which was a 155mm artillery round equipped with a tactical nuke.

That device did have a serious drawback though. The burst radius for the Nuke was larger then the range of the weapon. They took that one offline.

It is however interesting to realize that an artillery officer with the rank of Captain had nuclear capabilities in the 1950s.