Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel shortage ?
28 September 2021, 12:59,
RE: Fuel shortage ?
yeah exactly now after this fake shortage they will ALL be on E10 and the fuel companies no longer have a logisics/storage problem!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
28 September 2021, 13:03,
yeah exactly now after this fake shortage they will ALL be on E10 and the fuel companies no longer have a logistics/storage problem!
28 September 2021, 13:09,
its more to do with a shortage of drivers than a shortage of fuel or a storage problem, DVLA was not issuing licences to new truck drivers during the lock down and by all reports still isnt fully staffed.
there is plenty of fuel at the refineries.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 September 2021, 13:39,
New truck drivers don't drive petrol tankers....it is one of the elite driving jobs....there are waiting lists to become tanker drivers .... you require an ADR certificate and most companies have incredibly high standards for candidates to meet ...there is no shortage of tanker drivers ...never has been never will be! they are home every day/night...they have access to facilities at there depots/delivery points , they dont suffer any of the other deprivations general haulage truckers do and they are at the top of the tree when it comes to salary and packages,
28 September 2021, 13:42,
can you guess what i usedto do as a truck driver?(2nd of my 3 careers so far)
28 September 2021, 13:46,
oh yeah and the E10 switcgh over target is October 1st if that helps clear things for you
28 September 2021, 14:11,
local garages here have already switched to E10 petrol, its all you can get around here.
I had a HGV licence back in the late 70s early 80s but couldnt get anyone to take me on as a new driver.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 September 2021, 18:46,
(28 September 2021, 12:19)Midnitemo Wrote: i do prep for fuel shortages......5 gallons of super in the jerry can and a gallon in the ANF 125 and 2 gallons in the CG125 equates to almost a thousand miles of commuting ...20 mile a day roundtrip means i have the means to get to work til Christmas without using either of the cars(which are both full)

More and more I have come to consider my scooters and motorbikes a key prep. The ability to squeeze 125mpg (British) from a small, easily managed, easily secured and fun to drive vehicle astounds me.

You can roll a 125cc scooter or bike right into the house with little effort and keep it as secure as your food preps.

They turn the 4 wheel vehicles into petrol storage devices to be used only when absolutely necessary during one of these crises.

And even one of us "old age pensioners" can feel quite at home on a small 50cc or 125cc scooter. If you had your DL before 2000 I think you do not even need a CBT or special endorsement.
29 September 2021, 08:24,
Minor issues up here in Scotland, we are seeing the odd fuel pump without fuel but overall the queues are minimal, perhaps two or three vehicles. I cover a lot of miles and refuelled three times in three days without any problems.
London appears pretty bad on the news but I put that down to massive media hype.
However treat this as a training exercise as this is what you will have to deal with during a major event ( times ten on a big event)
29 September 2021, 09:37,
a lot of filling stations in England have run dry but those motorists that have filled up are no longer part of the problem so the problem should ease a bit.
my little car has a small fuel tank but with my lifestyle I only top up(from half full) every 2 weeks so I should have enough for at least a month, we have 2 cars so when one is low we will use the other one.
if the "fuel crisis" lasts any longer than that I have my preps and can just walk over to the corner shop, 1 mile away, and get a few bits and pieces like I did in the lock downs here.