Hunting Or Skinning Knives
Do anyone have any experience with these 2 types of hunting knives
1. wyomming Knife
2. CUTCO 6" hunting knife
I heard that they are good for hunting.
22 October 2021, 10:31,
RE: Hunting Or Skinning Knives
nope, never heard of them.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 October 2021, 19:32,
The Wyoming knife is a specialty device best used to zip open the gut cavity of large game. It is a knife one carries in addition to their regular knife, not to replace it.

The Cutco knives are all generally over priced for what you get and that one is a bit large for GP use, even as a "hunting knife". It is doubtful that you will ever be called on to tackle a beast large enough to need such a device.

I have killed my share of game over the years, large and small, and most of even the larger game has been dressed and skinned using a medium stockman style nonlocking founder. I carried a Buck medium stockman for 30 years and a Case medium stockman for the past 10.

https://www.smkw.com/case-medium-stockma...ed-micarta

Either of those knives would be considered legal to carry in GB and would handle any game you found in GB outside the zoo of a major city.

My fixed blade knives used on game are equally small, usually having an 8-10cm blade. I consider the standard Mora an excellent GP knife and I added a case of them to my preps back when they were $5 U.S.

If you want to find the best knife to use on large game simply visit the You tube channel presented by one of the butchers. I favor the Scott Rae Project. He does a lot of work on wild game, especially small game and fowl. Excellent channel.

Be aware that you will not skin most of your large game kills in the field. Large game needs to hang and age in the skin. Skinning will be done after you return home, and under more controlled conditions. All you will leave in the field is a "gut pile".

If in a SHTF situation and you happen across a cow that requires consumption you will either lead it home for dispatch or kill and quarter it on the spot using not a knife, but an axe! You had better post alert security while you proceed with the latter, someone might appear to object.
23 October 2021, 10:25,
I have a few Mora knifes amongst others I also recommend the Mora for quality and price ....a great GP knife .
23 October 2021, 11:14,
(23 October 2021, 10:25)Straight Shooter Wrote: I have a few Mora knifes amongst others I also recommend the Mora for quality and price ....a great GP knife .

yes, got to agree with SS, Mora's are good knives, have a couple myself.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 June 2022, 22:17,
(22 October 2021, 09:53)JeremyCMasters Wrote: Do anyone have any experience with these 2 types of hunting knives
1. wyomming Knife

In the UK we call the gut hooks or gralloching knifes, i have used them and found them to okay.

Most commonly used a Mora Hunter. Cheap as chips and does the job.

Buy them 10 at a time and no crying if i break or lose one Smile (i ahve yet to break one)

Herne