Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing a script for my EPQ Project
2 November 2021, 23:46,
Writing a script for my EPQ Project
Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jack, I’m a college student writing a script for a film adaptation of a video game (fallout new vegas). I’ve joined this forum to gather research on the world of survivalism and being a Prepper. I would really appreciate if anyone would like to contact me and teach me about the Prepper life, cheers.
3 November 2021, 12:57,
RE: Writing a script for my EPQ Project
Video games and film's are not real life.
I never base my personal survival on such rubbish.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 November 2021, 13:21,
I doubt you will get much support here BNJ .....but I wish you well with the project ! Good luck ! ....at least you’re having a go ! .
3 November 2021, 13:41,
maybe he needs to be more specific.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 November 2021, 17:13,
(3 November 2021, 13:21)Straight Shooter Wrote: I doubt you will get much support here BNJ .....but I wish you well with the project ! Good luck ! ....at least you’re having a go ! .

Cheers mate, ill try a different forum.
3 November 2021, 17:18,
(3 November 2021, 13:41)bigpaul Wrote: maybe he needs to be more specific.

Sorry, maybe I wasn’t specific enough. I don’t intend to create a story that is an antagonist to Preppers or the Prepper lifestyle, I just wanted to learn about the life of a prepper so that I can base my protagonists lifestyle to a more realistic story. My idea is more around the fantasy and sci-fi genre as the setting of my story is about a post apocalyptic wasteland, and how one would survive it.
3 November 2021, 20:33,
(3 November 2021, 17:18)Big_Nose_Jack21 Wrote:

Sorry, maybe I wasn’t specific enough. I don’t intend to create a story that is an antagonist to Preppers or the Prepper lifestyle, I just wanted to learn about the life of a prepper so that I can base my protagonists lifestyle to a more realistic story. My idea is more around the fantasy and sci-fi genre as the setting of my story is about a post apocalyptic wasteland, and how one would survive it.

The very basics for survival are shelter, food, water (and the means to defend them). However in an apocalyptic wasteland where by definition there would be water, animals or plant life, no one would survive, unless you could miraculously find a fully stocked and deserted nuclear bunker.
3 November 2021, 23:08,
(3 November 2021, 20:33)Pete Grey Wrote:
(3 November 2021, 17:18)Big_Nose_Jack21 Wrote:

The very basics for survival are shelter, food, water (and the means to defend them). However in an apocalyptic wasteland where by definition there would be water, animals or plant life, no one would survive, unless you could miraculously find a fully stocked and deserted nuclear bunker.

Within the world of Fallout: New Vegas, the survivors of the apocalypse do survive due to living in a large government funded bunker, they then take back the dystopian wasteland. Cheers, appreciate it mate.
3 November 2021, 23:10,
Since we just went through two years of plague why not consider that as an alternative to Nuke waste.

Post apocalyptic plague with wildlife, landscape and plants still intact but devoid of human population. Sort of like England after the Black Death with 50% of the people dead, only make 90% of them dead.

Not everyone has to carry the Book of Eli across the desert or do the Mad Max thing.

I saw that your scenerio has Vegas in the description, It will be almost impossible for you to do a realistic work on a North American based scenerio using the processes and expectations of British survivalists.

The equipment is totally different, the mindset is different and the expected outcome is different. It is almost as if they live on two different planets.

There is even a completely different mindset between urban and rural preppers in each country also.
4 November 2021, 09:42,
depends on ones definition of "Apocalypse". some see a religious type event where others see more Mad Max type event. from a British prospective more likely some sort of pandemic is envisaged with economic and social collapse .