Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outdoor Cooking
8 December 2021, 04:10,
RE: Outdoor Cooking
I never ate monkey that I know of. There were times when I did not know what was in the pot though, and you didn't insult your host by asking or refusing to eat, so I ate whatever it was as long as I knew it had been boiling long enough to kill whatever parasite was present.

I ate a snake once. Skinned it out and cooked it over the fire strung on a piece of snare wire. It was kind of chewy. Probably an old snake.

I can remember the first time I ever cooked anything. I was about 6 and complained about the way my mom cooked my fried eggs. Not really complained, just wanted them different. The next morning she pushed a chair up to the stove, stood me on it, handed me and egg and told me to go for it!

That was when I inherited egg cooking duty for the breakfast run. I cooked eggs for the family from then on.

I've been standing at the stove, peering into the oven or kneeling at the campfire ever since.

one thing I do love though. Every spring when the weather breaks I run to the lake and catch a mess of fish. I put them in a bucket and tote them home. Fire up the skillet and put in a mess of potatoes to cook while I clean the fish. Dip those swimmers in corn meal and fry them about 30 minutes after they came out of the lake!

That's good stuff, and few of this generation have ever tasted it!