Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ukraine
10 January 2022, 18:52,
Ukraine
Ukraine talks going on this week, and it seems likely Russia will invade if NATO can't guarantee Ukraine won't be accepted as a member should they apply for membership. NATO military action ruled out but sanctions threatened. I'm sure Putin has already factored this in and has enough friends to sell him oil (Iran) and is already creating a Ruble/Yen with the Chicoms. Poor Ukraine, but also worry about the wider retaliatory action regarding energy supplies and supply chains. I've just done some top up preps. What are all your thoughts, will you be stepping up your preps?
10 January 2022, 20:01,
RE: Ukraine
The UK imports 47% of our gas from europe by pipeline, some from Norway and some from the Netherlands via Nord Stream, 25% of our electricity is generated from gas, not an ideal situation.
We have shut down most of the coal power stations when we have enough coal in the ground to last 200 years.
10 January 2022, 21:26,
Stepping up preps ......no not really , just carrying on as normal and adding as usual ....I have reached saturation point as far as food preps are concerned ......it’s come down to replenishing ....rotation .....and checking supplies I hold .......the main thing I look at is growing veggies , fruit , and berries , that will take up my Main activities and concentrations , moving forwards .

As for Ukraine ......I am more concerned with Turkey and borders with Syria to be honest .
11 January 2022, 10:52,
It’s not a great situation and has the potential to kick off very quickly. At the moment Putin just wants the west to back off, he’s not keen on WW3 but the west are not taking him seriously and I suspect he might be cornered into more dangerous actions.
On the other side we have Biden who probably doesn’t remember who Putin is and might be thinking it’s 1970 and the Cold War is still on the go.
Very dangerous times but it’s minor compared to the highly dangerous situation we are in at the moment. 2022 is possibly the most dangerous time in history, I hope I am wrong.
11 January 2022, 11:44,
Putin has mini subs that can cut into and cut off any undersea cables, thats finance, internet and electricity , Russian subs have been identified all around the UK, I'd be more worried about that than Ukraine.
not for myself, I am prepared, but the masses are not and we all know how quickly they panic.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 January 2022, 12:34,
Thanks for all your comments. We should know by next week how it will probably play out, but it seems like it's already pre-determined. When I was talking about Ukraine it was all of the knock on effects I was talking about other than direct war, which is always the last action. I've stepped up my canned preps as at least these can be eaten cold without using any power, although I do have camping and alcohol stoves and a reasonable amount of fuel if the power goes off, and if it does I can imagine everywhere selling out of them, and of course the risk of newbies misusing them.
11 January 2022, 14:00,
No you’re not wrong Joe......I would say you are smack on ! Mate .
11 January 2022, 14:03,
I can see Russia's point, having Nato right up against their border if Ukraine is allowed to join.
how would we feel if the commies were across the channel in northern France?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 January 2022, 16:06,
Yes BP ! You are also smack on mate .
11 January 2022, 21:49,
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...maged.html