Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ukraine
24 January 2022, 17:56,
RE: Ukraine
Looks like things are heating up, embassy staff are being recalled and sent home ....UK and USA ....amongst others ? .......not going well is it ? .....time to send in joe Biden to sort the mess out ! Only he who has superhuman powers will be up to the challenge and slay Ivan ! I have every confidence joe will make stuff happen !
........god help us all .
25 January 2022, 18:51,
(24 January 2022, 17:56)Straight Shooter Wrote: Looks like things are heating up, embassy staff are being recalled and sent home ....UK and USA ....amongst others ? .......not going well is it ? .....time to send in joe Biden to sort the mess out ! Only he who has superhuman powers will be up to the challenge and slay Ivan ! I have every confidence joe will make stuff happen !
........god help us all .

What we know is that RU deployment occurred after significant violence against ethnic Russians in the eastern province. It was billed as a defensive deployment to keep Kiev forces out of Russia. Those divisions have done nothing offensive in two and a half months while diplomats talk. Certainly Russian SF and paramilitary units are supporting the separatists with intel, logistics, and advisors. Par for the course.

Taking all this at face value with only open source reporting one can conclude that RU has no immediate plans for invasion. That doesn’t mean it won’t happen in the remaining 6 weeks of good cross country mobility weather. They just need the right pretext.

By analogy to Desert Shield/Storm. It takes a minute to get logistics in place for a Combined Arms Front to maneuver. That’s likely done now. Diplomatic shenanigans provide political cover. Putin knows that Biden is not up to the job and is likely to do something dumb because Ukraine has lots of Compromat on Biden, Inc. Burisma is likely only the tip of the iceberg. So Putin will poke and prod until Biden does something dumb and clears the way to liberate the ethnic Russians east of the Dnepier River. Same thing we did in Kuwait. At least that’s one way to look at it. We made some pretty outrageous demands of Saddam too.

I’m betting 70/30 on a war, started by Kiev. The first major indicator was our sending Javelin AT missiles. Now I’m seeing news reports of troop deployment from a Brigade to a Corps. Haven’t asked any of the boys what they’re working on and they should not say anyway. I would look at stocks of major defense companies and petroleum futures to see what the market thinks.

As our 44th President said, never underestimate Joe’s ability to screw things up.

I hate to see us get in another tussle wasting blood and treasure. Timing isn’t ideal.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
26 January 2022, 10:15,
if the Russians are going to invade they'd better do it soon before the snow melts and turns into a sea of mud.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 January 2022, 12:28,
History tells us , all empire's fail in the end , failing monitory systems along with the influence it once bought is the starting point for the only asset that is in plentiful supply the (military) ....the death throws and desperation of the few that do not give a second thought for the many it will effect ! .

China are stock piling 60% of the worlds foods .....crop failures ALL around the globe .....fertilisers doubling in price right now ! .....grain shortages ......labour shortages .......fuel price increases .....gas price increases .....on and on we go ......wise up and fast !
26 January 2022, 12:33,
computer modelling in the 1970s stated that Societal collapse would start at the end of this decade and be complete by 2040, modern boffins have checked the figures and state they are correct and accurate.
make of that what you will.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 January 2022, 18:11,
Really gentlemen, you are going hysterical.

And you are referencing predictions and statistics with no sources other than the fringe lunatic crowd on you tube videos.

China is holding 60% of the world food stocks? Really? So the other 80% of the world population is living on 40% of the food production? It is truly a good thing our planet is as productive as it is then!

Or is there actually a difference between food production and food reserves?

How much would you say that China disserves? 20%, 30%, 40%. 20% would be one year of rations for their population. 40% would be two years. If they were individuals you would say that a three year supply, 60%, was just good prepping.

It does not seem to be hurting the first world nations judging from the pictures I am seeing of overweight people all over Europe and North America. You are still eating well and eating cheaply.

The price spikes you are seeing have more to do with Brixit and the EU than anything China or Russia does.

Computer modeling from the 1970s??? I was using computers in the 1970s. They had blue letters on black screens and said exactly what you told them to say and no more! My cell phone has more computing power than the best model made in 1970. The only computer in the university I graduated from was in the admissions office and tracked student enrollment and scheduling. It was a top of the line IBM and it had not the slightest ability to track EOTWAWKI data.

You guys are freaking out! And you are once again freaking out over something that you have zero control over due to your constant search for "the big one".

The twelve apostles never looked for the return of the Missiah as fervently as you boys look for SHTF.
27 January 2022, 09:54,
civilizations have collapsed in the past and so will this one, we are not immune, we just have further to fall.
its just a matter of timing, WHEN not if.
as preppers we stand prepared, the masses do not, they are the ones that think "nothing bad will happen", when bad things have happened all of human history.
with people and governments getting more and more stupid, especially electing a frail demented old President threatening Russia, its only a matter of time before the BIG ONE happens, I for one intend to be ready.
So Boo sucks to you MB.
28 January 2022, 22:58,
Boo sucks?? How brutal! I shall go have a good cry.

Paul, you are sitting there waiting for "the big one" when you are right in the middle of a long, slow, toad roast.

But you do thrive on hysteria, so enjoy yourself.

P.
29 January 2022, 00:18,
Gentlemen! Pour yourselves a rum ration and chill out.

Hold the cat, stroke him under the chin and listen to the motor purr...

We've been getting light sugar snow all day and temp is -7 C.

Our governor in WV responded to an ugly Tweet of Bette MidBler's insulting our state by displaying the posterior of his infamous British Bulldog "BabyDog" to the camera and telling the world that she could kiss it. You can find it on Sky News.

Boo sucks indeed!

8-)

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
29 January 2022, 09:26,
(28 January 2022, 22:58)Mortblanc Wrote: Boo sucks?? How brutal! I shall go have a good cry.

Paul, you are sitting there waiting for "the big one" when you are right in the middle of a long, slow, toad roast.

But you do thrive on hysteria, so enjoy yourself.

P.
your the hysterical one MB, I'm perfectly calm and at peace cos I know what I'm doing and how to do it.