Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saying Hello
28 February 2022, 12:27,
Saying Hello
Well the noticeboard had a topic saying introduce yourself so here I am.

I'm currently working from home which means I've got the news channel on in the background as I work. I'm sure it'll come as no surprise that it is wall-to-wall coverage of the war in Ukraine. I have to admit this coverage has given me a bit of a wake-up call and I started to wonder "What if it happened here?" Hopefully that is a virtual impossibility, but it did play on my mind, especially when I realised I was so hopelessly ill prepared even to get to a safe haven.

So I suppose that's a long waffly way of saying I'm starting out from scratch and I'm here to listen and learn. Apologies if I don't contribute to conversations and just sit and watch from the sidelines for a while.

Alan
28 February 2022, 13:36,
RE: Saying Hello
welcome Alan, well you've made the first step by coming here.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 February 2022, 16:08,
Alan,

It is never too late to start. A good starting point is a section on the main site that you would benefit from reading. Get Started here is in the bar under the header pic. That should help you get started.

Remember that every journey starts with a single step. So don't panic. One step at a time. Plan and then action.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 February 2022, 16:12,
Alan check out the files section, loads of info there.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 February 2022, 19:20,
Hi there, Alan. Welcome to the Forum. It's never too late to start.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
1 March 2022, 08:47,
Hello and welcome Alan ! All of us started here .....just like you have !
14 July 2023, 20:14,
(1 March 2022, 08:47)Straight Shooter Wrote: Hello and welcome Alan ! All of us started here .....just like you have !

Hi all. I am new here and my name is Arthur Sousa. Em from Miami.
15 July 2023, 16:56,
Hello and welcome sousasmart ! From the south wales valleys !
19 July 2023, 13:39,
Hello and Welcome SousSmart. Couple on here from your side of the pond.

Plenty on the files sites that you may be interested in.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin