Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to North Korea
18 May 2022, 09:02,
RE: Welcome to North Korea
you have to read between the lines.
I tend to believe the news channels (but NOT the BBC) more than I believe whats in the papers.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 May 2022, 10:58,
I’m the same, all the media lies, some more than others and to a different level depending on the topic, eg Vaccines, Brexit, Wars. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.
During the covid peak most reliable info came from RT and Dr John on You Tube, the rest was just lies. Then we had the Trump situation and 99% of the US media was highly suspect.
The bottom line is you need multiple sources, after all a Google search will confirm the Uk media regularly uses what is known as Nudge, a form of behavioural science to influence how you think ( they openly confirm it is used).
And more importantly we should have a choice, we shouldn’t have governments censoring content.
18 May 2022, 11:16,
up until the Ukraine invasion I used RT to get a different view to that of the Western Media, but following the invasion RT was full of BS and propaganda and it was blatantly obvious.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 May 2022, 18:51,
BP at that point you had the choice to listen to or ignore the channel, now someone else has decided what you are allowed to read/listen to. Regardless of your opinion or my opinion the choice should not be removed, that’s media censorship and verging on what we see in China and North Korea.
19 May 2022, 05:41,
Joe, it is simply the situation where YOUR government really does know how stupid the population is, and that they will believe anything if they hear if enough. It's why everyone calls them sheeple!

The world governments have been operating on that principle since Gutenberg shipped the first printing press to your shores.

People believe anything they hear or see on TV. You know they do. I was a teacher for 35 years and saw it constantly, opinions formed by misinformation. If you go outside and walk around and listen to the insane blabbering of the average person you will see it too.

Perhaps you are one of the smart ones and can tell the difference between their horse $h!t and our horse $h!t, but 99% of the suds soaking couch-potatoes, and preteens and teenagers, sitting and watching the tube are not aware of whether they have the thing dialed into BBC, Dutch Broadcasting, Canadian TV or Sesime Street!

There has been censorship of information coming out of war zones since time began. That goes all the way from personal letters home to mom, information released in newspapers and blocking radio broadcasts.

In the U.S. it was illegal to show a photo of the dead body of a U.S. soldier during WW2. There was to be zero chance that a mom would see the body of her son lying dead on a battlefield while watching a news reel at the cinema.

When my sons were deployed to Iraq there were specific things we could not mention in E-mails or on chat or skype. Everything was monitored and the computer would shut down when information was breeched. I am sure it was the same for British troops in that conflict.

Consider your lack of access to communist, totalitarian political indoctrinate a sacrifice to national security.

It is a non-issue. You can't change it, you can't do anything about it, and no one you are complaining to can assist you in your desire for an information briefing from the Russian embassy on the hour.

The fact that you are on the computer talking to a person in North America about a point of social justice proves that you are in neither China or North Korea.
19 May 2022, 08:21,
(19 May 2022, 05:41)Mortblanc Wrote: Joe, it is simply the situation where YOUR government really does know how stupid the population is, and that they will believe anything if they hear if enough. It's why everyone calls them sheeple!

The world governments have been operating on that principle since Gutenberg shipped the first printing press to your shores.

People believe anything they hear or see on TV. You know they do. I was a teacher for 35 years and saw it constantly, opinions formed by misinformation. If you go outside and walk around and listen to the insane blabbering of the average person you will see it too.

Perhaps you are one of the smart ones and can tell the difference between their horse $h!t and our horse $h!t, but 99% of the suds soaking couch-potatoes, and preteens and teenagers, sitting and watching the tube are not aware of whether they have the thing dialed into BBC, Dutch Broadcasting, Canadian TV or Sesime Street!

There has been censorship of information coming out of war zones since time began. That goes all the way from personal letters home to mom, information released in newspapers and blocking radio broadcasts.

In the U.S. it was illegal to show a photo of the dead body of a U.S. soldier during WW2. There was to be zero chance that a mom would see the body of her son lying dead on a battlefield while watching a news reel at the cinema.

When my sons were deployed to Iraq there were specific things we could not mention in E-mails or on chat or skype. Everything was monitored and the computer would shut down when information was breeched. I am sure it was the same for British troops in that conflict.

Consider your lack of access to communist, totalitarian political indoctrinate a sacrifice to national security.

It is a non-issue. You can't change it, you can't do anything about it, and no one you are complaining to can assist you in your desire for an information briefing from the Russian embassy on the hour.

The fact that you are on the computer talking to a person in North America about a point of social justice proves that you are in neither China or North Korea.
how true that is.
19 May 2022, 09:06,
Excellent posts stand out ! ....we are lucky to have you here MB !