Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food restrictions
26 April 2022, 08:50,
RE: Food restrictions
MB you have never obviously seen an English Allotment, very productive in the right hands and the food tastes much better.
many of the commercial foods grown these days lack the nutrients of 70 years ago because the soil is so depleted, much better to grow ones own.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 April 2022, 09:03,
It’s a play on words BP , okay it may well be a panic introduction to preparing ....but preparing it is ! None the less .
26 April 2022, 09:29,
panicking is not preparing and how long will anything they have last? probably only delaying the inevitable, no real planning has gone into this, preppers plan sheeple panic.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 April 2022, 09:46,
I see that some preppers are still living under the impression that to survive long term we need large animals, that is a misconception that has lasted for many years, large animals take lots of work and lots of land and that sort of set up is only feasible if someone has a large work crew, as most survival "units" over here will be family groups and family only this will not work, I know everything is bigger is the US and Texas in particular but large herds of large animals will attract the attention of the "have nots" in society, much better to breed smaller animals which take up less space and attract less attention. meat will tend to be wasted from a larger animal anyway without the freezers we have today.
26 April 2022, 10:20,
I think this is the first year when I have really realised the value of being able to grow what we need to eat in the fresh fruit and veggie line, and I have doubled down on what I normally plant. My freezers are still partly full from last year's harvest, but this year I plan to keep any eye on one of our neighbours who is rather up against it, and anything left available after we have taken what we need will be given away on one of the food for free apps. Yes, SS, we have masses of horse manure and it is used liberally on any available growing plot. I cannot remember the last time I used packet fertilizer. We also plant a lot of insect-friendly flowers (pretties!) to encourage the pollinating insects to visit. Works well. Our chooks are at full stretch at the moment and I am happy to hand round free eggs to neighbours and friends. Not sure what else I can do.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
26 April 2022, 14:37,
I made a quip about wild child’s flowers some weeks back ...in pots .....these are now fully reinstated into bigger pots as per instructions handed down by WC , all the banks were sow with wild flower seed four years back ,they are well established now the bees are big fans which was the main reason for sowing them ....we have had great results with our orchard ! And fruit bushes ! .....as for large animals I agree with BP on that ....I doubt a cow or sheep would last five mins on these mountains or a rabbit come to it when the shit hits , although rabbits and chickens will work if kept in a controlled environment .

As for horse manure, I have a regular supply ....I pick up a trailer full on a regular basis ....I store it if I have to , I never refuse a load when offered .
26 April 2022, 14:42,
I am surrounded by fields of sheep where I live, sheep are very good escape artists and I am partial to Mutton when I can get it.
26 April 2022, 15:03,
Yes we love lamb in particular ...chops and leg ! ......and makes the best soup .
27 April 2022, 08:59,
I cant eat Lamb its too fatty, I prefer Mutton from a mature sheep, in fact many meats sold are very immature and have no taste, I like game meat when I can get it, this has more flavour and dosent have to be spiced up.